Toronto 87 Peter | 156.05m | 49s | Menkes | Core Architects

Really? I thought I didn't find it interesting because the design is tired and the street level looked uninviting.

lol thats quote of the day material there
But you never know, there's always the possibility that a random member on a public forum would know you better than you know yourself. :rolleyes:

I can assure you that in this instance the possibility you suggest is not so. I hardly expect an eight floor building here. But if it's going to be 40+ floors in height, one could hope for a more interesting design. Core's M5V is mostly dull. Based on the renders, this one looks to be the same thing.

But if it's going to be 40+ floors in height, one could hope for a more interesting design. Core's M5V is mostly dull. Based on the renders, this one looks to be the same thing.

Agreed, which is unfortunate becuase their work is usually above par.

The second, third and fourth stories are particularly ugly and banal. Is there hope that the design review panel will have a say (and help the architects fix up this soulless design)?

Yeah, I'm not seeing that "sexy" design that the guy interviewed from Menkes mentioned.

It's unfortunate that I'm even referring to a 49 storey building as "infill", but that's pretty much all this appears to be.

It looks extremely unwelcoming at ground level, and the tower is very generic.

If the guy from Menkes thinks this is sexy, I'd hate to see his taste in women.

VVVVVIP emails are going out, so it looks like this one set to launch (or I guess it kind of already has). Suites are tiny as is the norm these days. Largest 2 bed = 782 sq ft, priced around $650-$700 per sq ft depending on floor, the rest are studios and 1 bed or 1+1. Parking is $48K.

Given the current state of affairs in the pre con scene (see Casa II, INDX), should be another fast dash to the coveted 70% sales mark.

Back