68 Main Street Condos (Sierra Building Group) - Real Estate -

Very upset owners

This builder is not honest. We bought from this builder in 2007. We (neighbours and us) have yet to get our grading deposit back. Neighbours are now realizing there's something wrong. For all you first-time owners out there, do not buy from this builder if you have choices. The city is not assuming the development because this builder is ignoring its list of deficiencies (i.e., it's not fixing what it's supposed to fix above and below ground). The funds to the grading deposit is only released when the city assumes the development. We're all in limbo. As to why this builder is not holding up its end of the deal, there has been no explanation for that.

The list of things is just too much and there are much more honest people out there. This builder uses the cheapest or recycled building materials (on closing inspection, light fixture was broken, door was second-hand with repaired dents, rusted latches, those red and blue plumbing lines are hanging all over the place in the furnace room, upgraded for a fridge water and its guy drilled all the way around through the kitchen cabinets to under the kitchen sink instead of through the floor, carpet installation was not one big piece but several pieces with visible seams, visible popped nails everywhere, exterior cement workmanship looks like globs rather than smooth). Are these typical problems? It's how the builder deals with them that builds the reputation. It'll gladly fix easy things but not the real problems like a leaky window. Good luck trying to get things right when they know their mistakes or poor supervision on the job would cost them dearly later. This builder is more about getting away with a smile than doing its job right. The middle of one neighbour's garage frame sagged slightly. Unbelievable. Its repairs people appear nice and friendly but you know they've got an agenda to get away with things by using smiles. Action speaks louder than words, wouldn't you say, Sierra?

Has anyone been able to find an updated Sierra website?

Does any of you actually live in these condos ? I "purchased" a unit from this builder in another development. I would like to know if they cheaped out on the construction or not so I can be aware. Thanks in advance :)

Back