Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

A

AlvinofDiaspar

From City Council, Supplementary Notice of Motions:

Link

AoD

EDIT: Fixed.

Thanks AoD... link's busted (emoticon madness!). Think you can repair?

Interesting, and high for up there. Would MUCH rather see these filling up the dowtown core though.

North York, Mississauga and even Scarborough are getting quite the impressive skylines.

I've always thought that what NYCC needed was a much taller building than those present there, to give it a bit of a focus (This is considering it purely from an aesthetic point of view). I also think it would be expected that the centre of gravity would move south to Sheppard, so this is more or less expected. Looks nice though.

And the architects are subjecting themselves to a 'voluntary urban and architecture review panel.' Nice.

I look forward to the day when this becomes mandatory.

There are lots across the street from this site, especially next to the Nestle building, that are screaming for intensification. Right now they're just parking and car rental lots. Good to hear about the direct subway access as well. That's quite a mini-PATH system being hobbled together up there.

What a great looking project, and 164M isn't bad for NYCC either. The ratios of office, residential and retail seem pretty decent. The only thing that really sticks out is the circular car parking ramp but at least it's at the back of the development. Having a direct connection to the Yonge and Sheppard subway lines would make too much sense but I didn't read anything about that in the report.

The square on the north-west side of the development appears to have some Dundas Square-esque billboards.

45 storeys is going to seem a little out of place amongst all those 30 storey buildings but it would finally break up the monotony of the NYCC skyline.

45 storeys is going to seem a little out of place amongst all those 30 storey buildings but it would finally break up the monotony of the NYCC skyline.

Not if it becomes the new normal.

Sites for highrises are quickly disappearing in NYCC so lets hope the remaining ones can break the mould.

I like the little parking ramp round the back side.
Also if I'm looking at the report correctly, the 45 story tower is both office and residential. If this is the case, this is only the second tower in Toronto that's both greater than 400 feet, and has an office/residential mix.
[The other being the approved Bay-Adelaide East Tower which is 43 floors and 590 feet.]

Love the massing, especially the podiums and plaza fit for a big city.

Interesting, and high for up there. Would MUCH rather see these filling up the dowtown core though.

If it's Kirkor, keep'em in North York...

Back