650 King West (Freed Developments) - Real Estate -

Nice looking unit. A little on the dark side but that's probably what I'm going to experience at my place being on a low floor.

What unit is this? 1bedroom?

Just want to share, my letter from Freed states Confirmed Closing Date in November 2012 and I am on the 14th floor "Bathurst Building"

Last edited:
Does anyone know who to contact about some repairs to common elements? For example, in the entrance area where cars drive in, on King Street, there is damaged aluminum on the ceiling (on the outside of the building). This would have likely been done by a construction vehicle since its too high to have been caused by a moving truck. There are also loose bricks on the ground where you drive in.

Also, the light in the first bench of the lobby has been burned out for months. There are also bulbs burned out over the conceirge desk. Lights should not burn out this quickly, so perhaps its an electrical issue.

These issues have been like this for months. Any suggestions on who we can contact?

You can try Ms. Emily Brandon and if she is not the contact point, she may direct or forward the message.

Emily Brandon
Manager, Customer Relations
Freed Developments Ltd.
552 Wellington St W, Suite 1500
Toronto, ON M5V 2V5
416-781-5699 ext 259

Registered that quickly? Not bad

I am unsure if it stands for final closing date. In my past experience on other builder, "Confirmed Closing Date" is occupancy closing and the actual closing date is "Unit Transfer Date". Perhaps someone can elaborate on this !?

I think you are correct. Occupancy date is different then the date that the condo is registered, which is when the closing funds are required. Occupancy date is first. Since you are a high unit, and the occupancy date is later than most, you will be closer to the registration date than other. That means you pay less "rent" before the date of registration.

I think you are correct. Occupancy date is different then the date that the condo is registered, which is when the closing funds are required. Occupancy date is first. Since you are a high unit, and the occupancy date is later than most, you will be closer to the registration date than other. That means you pay less "rent" before the date of registration.

Yes this is correct. Being that there are 15 storeys that date is definitely the occupancy date. Final closing should occur roughly 1-3 months after this date once everybody is moved in and everything is finalized with the City of Toronto. I would anticipate early 2013...

Does anyone know is King building reached final closing or it is still in occupancy state ?

Does anyone know is King building reached final closing or it is still in occupancy state ?

I was one of the first to move in (January 2012) and am still paying occupancy. I haven't received notification stating if the King building has been completed or an application filed with the city. It's still undetermined if the King building will be registered separately from Bathust considering some of the shared common elements (parking, garden). I've heard that if there are two addresses (which there are), then the buildings will be registered separately. However I've also heard that if there is one condo board managing two buildings (i.e. shared common elements), then both buildings will have to be completed before either can be registered.

Does anyone have anything legit?

It will be only one condo corporation so both buildings will be registered at the same time. They are expecting to register the buildings in late August with final closings in October.

It will be only one condo corporation so both buildings will be registered at the same time. They are expecting to register the buildings in late August with final closings in October.

My occupancy date is in November, is final closing likely to happen before everyone has moved in?

My occupancy date is in November, is final closing likely to happen before everyone has moved in?

yes, that is possible but you won't have final closing until your occupancy date. they will close only with the occupied units. In order to register a building with the city, 75% occupancy is required so they already have 50% occupied with the King building, then they just need to occupy half of the Bathurst building to get the requirement for the registration and they are starting occupancy for the Bathurst building this week.

yes, that is possible but you won't have final closing until your occupancy date. they will close only with the occupied units. In order to register a building with the city, 75% occupancy is required so they already have 50% occupied with the King building, then they just need to occupy half of the Bathurst building to get the requirement for the registration and they are starting occupancy for the Bathurst building this week.

Based on your opinion, there is a good chance occupancy and final closing may land on the same date for those who are scheduled to be closed in November and onward.

Back