650 King West (Freed Developments) - Real Estate -

Anybody have an idea of what floor they are on in the Bathurst building now? I got a letter recently with a firm closing date of June 2012...

They are working on the 14th floor. 2 more floors to finish. the concrete structure should be done by the 1st week of November I think. What floor are you on? I'm on the 2nd floor and my letter says May 2012

I got a closing date of Jan 2012. I'm in the King building.

Is anyone trying to get compensation for the huge delay? The agreement stated that the builder must compensate but I contacted Freed and they said that since they gave us the option of returning the down-payment and getting out of the agreement should we chose to, then this negates their obligation to pay us compensation.

Looks like they got you regarding the compensation. Nevertheless, it's still worth asking your lawyer.

And watch out for any unusual fees when you close. There is no such thing as a Park Levy or other such stuff.

There is no such thing as a Park Levy or other such stuff.

Huh? Under the Planning Act, municipalities can ask for a percentage of a developer's site to be conveyed to the municipality for park purposes or pay a cash-in-lieu equivalent. In the City of Toronto the rate for cash-in-lieu is 10% of the appraised value of the land at the time of pulling the building permit. Most developers imbed this cost in the purchase price, but some write their Agreements of Purchase and Sale in such a way that the purchaser pays their share of the levy at closing.

They are working on the 14th floor. 2 more floors to finish. the concrete structure should be done by the 1st week of November I think. What floor are you on? I'm on the 2nd floor and my letter says May 2012

I'm on the 4th/5th floor (have a two storey unit). My closing date is very beginning of June and since you're on the 2nd floor it makes sense....

I'm on the 4th/5th floor (have a two storey unit). My closing date is very beginning of June and since you're on the 2nd floor it makes sense....

I guess there will be at least a 2 or 3 months delay from this tentative occupancy date. I really do not see the Bathurst building occupying in 7 months

Quality of life? If you've every stood at the King/Bathurst intersection, the noise, clanging, and clattering of the 24hr TTC streetcars in all directions - N, S, E, W - can be deafening at times. Not to mention the horns, trucks. I know.

It's going to be a very noisy place in which to live.

I just did mine. Looks decent, not a lot of issues. The lobby is a disaster and parking isn't finished yet which is funny because the first batch of people are moving in this Monday.

[video=youtube;jsH4BNazaic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsH4BNazaic[/video]

I just did mine. Looks decent, not a lot of issues. The lobby is a disaster and parking isn't finished yet which is funny because the first batch of people are moving in this Monday.

[video=youtube;jsH4BNazaic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsH4BNazaic[/video]

Airbag...is your unit on time with the closing date they gave you?

Just wondering how accurate the date is as I have to plan the selling of my existing condo in order to move into the new one.

Anybody move in yet on the King side? Wondering if the builder's did a good job with the interior finishes...

Back