Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
SIX50 King West 
650 King St W, Toronto
Developer: Freed Developments

650 King West (Freed Developments) - Real Estate -

Discussion in 'Real Estate - Individual Project Threads' started by Illy, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Illy

Illy New Member

Does anyone know of any plans to remove the graffiti located on the north/east corner of the King building on the adjacent buildings? It's not a part of the 650 King building, but an eye sore.
    Being a future resident with that for a view, I'd be willing to contribute to the removal fees.
    If anyone has any information or is willing to contribute (when the time comes) let me know.

thx

2. peter.d

peter.d New Member

I have a letter from Freed dated October 9, 2009 stating that the "Tentative Occupancy Date for Six50 King has been extended to January 15, 2012". My apartment will be on the 13th floor of the Bathurst building and in view of the fact that they are at present only working on the ground floor of this building that date seems to be a trifle optimistic. Are there some UT members out there with experience in the condo building trade who would care to give me their best estimates of a more realistic occupancy date? Or even better, perhaps some of you have inside information on this matter. Thanks.

3. TheKingEast

TheKingEast Senior Member

Bathurst side is 16s right? I'd say best case scenario....a year from now so...next Spring but wouldn't be surprised if that went into the summer/fall of 2012.

4. jonny-d

jonny-d New Member

Peter, I'll be in that building as well and would also welcome any inside info on this project.

5. starks0980

starks0980 New Member

Has anybody had a meeting to pick out their finishes as of yet? I'm in the Bathurst building so its still a little early but I'm wondering if any King owners have chosen their finishes...

6. airbag

airbag New Member

I'm on the 6th floor in the King building. Picking my finishes this week.

7. jonny-d

jonny-d New Member

Good to hear airbag, I hope you let us know how it goes...

8. desmo

desmo New Member

agreed.

9. airbag

airbag New Member

10. carturo15

carturo15 Active Member

what the standard appliances are?

11. jonny-d

jonny-d New Member

Thanks for the vid airbag.

12. xyzzz

xyzzz New Member

Interested in purchasing a unit in this building, aside from a high $PSF for the location, a bit more west than I'd like, the development seems to be selling less than I'd expect (some units still available despite a good floorplan/view), any particular reasons?

13. neuhaus

neuhaus Senior Member

Units tend to be larger here than in other developments. There is very little amenities offered. The project hasn't been marketed as aggressively as other condos.
    IMO it's still a good development, a nice building, and Freed does good work -- they built most of the condos in that neighbourhood.
    Price/s.f. I think is in line with other condos in the area and cheaper than the new condos in the Entertainment District to the east.

14. tad11

tad11 New Member

"There is very little amenities offered."

Which means less chance condo fees will be hiked in the future to maintain them.

15. starks0980

starks0980 New Member

Anybody have an idea of what floor they are on in the Bathurst building now? I got a letter recently with a firm closing date of June 2012...