Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure who is behind this or if it is a dead proposal:

By Graziani + Corazza Architects:

highrise19main.jpg

highrise1901.jpg

highrise1902.jpg

highrise1903.jpg

Resisting...urge...to...make...Times Square Reference!

It looks sort of like Arquitectonica's Westin Hotel in Times Square, only cheaper and Grazziani-Corazzaish.

I wonder if this proposal includes that rear portion of the old Bugg store, which was supposed to get a rear addition. They restored the heritage property on Yonge St. last year but there are no signs that the rear addition has started.

I remember seeing posterboards for a competition for this site in 2005 at another firm; I have no idea if that means the development in question is dead or just stalled.

There was an RFP issued about 3 or 4 years ago by the IBI Group for an unamed developer looking for an architect for this project. I guess they found one. It might be premature to think this proposal is dead although I am somewhat surpised that it has taken this long to hear any news at all.

/\ Yeah, did anyone else notice the surprising lack of real photographs?

Perhaps G+C are embarrassed by their final results so all they show is renders!

hey - this looks cool! Its got a curved front facade which is good! I'll take anything that isnt a pure box. And ya, I am all for towers crowding in around Dundas Square, though Pantages doesnt need blocking out in any way!

Anyone out there who can take an ariel shot of this site?
It looks as though the site is all empty from behind the rebuild facade of the three houses on the east side of Yonge Street right through to the derelict shops on Victoria Street.

Back