Toronto Fleur Condos | 85.34m | 29s | Menkes | a—A

I really want that auto place at Jarvis and Richmond on the north west side to be developed. I feel like it really drags the surrounding area down. Queen and Jarvis on the northwest side would also make a huge impact
Agreed. I'm sure we'll see the NW side of Jarvis/Queen developed soon, great location

It'll be interesting to see the City's response to a "tall" building here given the Tall Buildings Guidelines regarding separation distances (to 64-70 Shuter), the impact on St. Michael's Cathedral and the flight path to St. Michael's Hospital helicopter pad.

Of course, the site could accommodate a Georgian cottage or Victorian mansion within the zoning:

pictures-r-4003.jpg
urbantoronto-6957-23194.jpg

Attachments

• pictures-r-4003.jpg
    pictures-r-4003.jpg
    674.3 KB · Views: 2,165
  • urbantoronto-6957-23194.jpg
    urbantoronto-6957-23194.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 2,118
It'll be interesting to see the City's response to a "tall" building here given the Tall Buildings Guidelines regarding separation distances (to 64-70 Shuter), the impact on St. Michael's Cathedral and the flight path to St. Michael's Hospital helicopter pad.

I *think* you could achieve the separation distances. In terms of impacts on St. Michael's Cathedral, a tall building on 60 Shuter would cause some morning shadows, but I think Jazz and St. Mike's hospital create greater shadow impacts (as will the already approved 36-storey building immediately to the south of the Cathedral). From a heritage perspective, I think the barn door has already been left open (feel free to insert better metaphor) in terms of the juxtaposition of tall buildings and the historic Cathedral. As for flight paths, who knows.

True, but that hasn't stopped the hospitals from establishing "no-fly" zones around their heli-pads. Sick Kids, in fact, has their path (horizontally and vertically) enshrined in the Zoning By-law. Their argument is based on the need for speed in getting patients to the hospital and avoiding complicated flying manoeuvres.

60 SHUTER ST
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York District

Proposal for rezoning amendment for a 42 storey buildiing including a 5 storey podium, which includes retial, a total of 536 residential units and 4 levels of below grade parking
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 15 236785 STE 27 OZ Oct 13, 2015 Under Review

Not entirely a box, but still a typical Toronto tower...

Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 1.21.42 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 1.21.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 1.21.42 PM.png
    584.4 KB · Views: 1,853

Back