Toronto 58 Atlantic | 49.98m | 10s | BentallGreenOak | B+H

I like that folded gold section.

Wow, yeah, same—I've heard some folks complain of a bit of a mish-mash in design features on this building, but I personally love it.

I see from that Bisnow article that they're still looking for a lead tenant; anyone else know if they've secured agreements with others, yet?

I asked Dermot Sweeny about this building yesterday during his excellent tour of QRC West during Doors Open and he said that it's all tied up in city approvals. Apparently the city is giving them a hard time over how the heritage building is being incorporated into this project?

They seem to have a better plan than most re heritage incorporation. The city better not screw this project up.

It does look great in the renderings. Hopefully they come to an agreement that does not sacrifice the interesting play between podium and section above.

The interior structural braces mimicking trees in combination with the heritage structure create a really interesting interior- "exterior space"

What I find perplexing is how great this and qrcwest are. Surely Sweeney & co could do much better than the current innovation centre design.

I hope they allow this to be built. It's beautiful and by no means innapropriate.

During his excellent tour of QRC West at Doors Open, Mr. Sweeny mentioned the trouble they were having getting this building approved. I know the job of planners is just to interpret the city's policy, but if policy says they can't build a 12-storey building in Liberty Village, then the policy needs fixing.

In the meantime, their policies haven't prevented LV from turning into a mess.

AoD

Hang in there Mr. Sweeney. Toronto needs your brand of creativity now, more than ever, judging by some of the very mediocre proposals coming off the assembly line lately.

Bit of an update. The building is now shorter, but to keep the same floor area as before, the setbacks are now smaller making the building visually wider. Looks like the nice looking columns in the atrium are gone. Same with the faceted gold wrapping wall on the smaller office portion. Also, the second bigger volume doesn't appear to float above the heritage building as it did before.

02.JPG

01perspective.JPG

03plan.JPG

Attachments

• 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 554
  • 01perspective.JPG
    01perspective.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 562
  • 03plan.JPG
    03plan.JPG