Toronto 561 Sherbourne | 128.01m | 43s | Medallion | Arcadis

Ya I'm ok with spandrel here. Atleast it will be different. Hopefully it's not grey though :(
It'snot a high end rental company so I didn't think anyone would expect anything other than spandrel.
I'm expecting it to be fairly similar to velocity.

Nothing is worse than a bad spandrel job. The surrounding towers in parks/parking lots are primarily brick made of concrete. I was also convinced this was a glass and brick tower so to see that it will be spandrel glass instead is a bit of a disappointment. (no framing and gypsum sheathing up for a brick facade installation)

See Casa in Emery Village. Not great but better than a full spandrel job. At least one of those towers is rent geared to income too.

I was also convinced this was a glass and brick tower so to see that it will be spandrel glass instead is a bit of a disappointment.

Where did you see it would be glass and brick? The rendering showed spandrel galore!

20547-70350.jpg

This far along and still no cladding?
Just passed by on the 75. Nothing installed yet but there are stacks of what look like window wall panels on the lower tower floors.

Just passed by on the 75. Nothing installed yet but there are stacks of what look like window wall panels on the lower tower floors.

Half of the first floor on the Sherbourne side is now clad. It looks TERRIBLE! This building is going to be a mess.

Hard to see since it's dark out, but here's a pic I snapped tonight.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    642.2 KB · Views: 1,085
It looks exactly like what I expected. Maybe my expectations were that low? Lets hope the retail level is decent. I'm not holding my breath though. Don't think Medallion really cares about aesthetics.

Back