Toronto 561 Sherbourne | 128.01m | 43s | Medallion | Arcadis

27775229555_383ea4c369_h.jpg

The street looks so dark with the tall buildings in this picture. :(

Trust me. It gets sunlight.
St james town definitely has its issues, some of the buildings are both very hideous as well as socially volatile. That being said there is definitely a strong sense of community. It's definitely not all doom and gloom.

Has the height been changed on this building? There is a notice of a meeting on July 13 to discuss changes to the parking and it said this was a 48 storey building. It's posted on the hoarding along Sherbourne.

There is a July 13 Committee of Adjustment meeting, so it looks like they're looking for another 5 storeys at that, although the particular agenda has not been published yet.

Hmm. Maybe they already got a five-storey increase at another CoA. It's not easy to track their decisions: they need to be catalogued and indexed on the City's website.

I think they are at 27 today. I'm kinda expecting something like velocity... But I can't imagine how it could be worse than anything east of bleecker... Hell east of sherbourne

It saddens me that St James Town would have been as beautiful and charming as Cabbagetown if it wasn't for all this high-rise blight.

It is downtown. We don't need more low rise neighbourhood no matter how charming they can be.
I don't like st Jamestown but a Cabbagetown is not the only alternative, nor is it ideal for the location.

Back