Toronto 4804-4812 Yonge Street | ?m | 1s | Dov Capital

Is that second floor area going to be a restaurant patio? It should have been larger but it's better than nothing. (if in deed, it is a restaurant patio)

Some McDonald's have second floors that are smaller; used only for seating.

The one on Hwy 400 at Hwy 89 for instance has two levels--the one at Bloor across from Varsity where Bazis is redeveloping was also multi-level.

May 11
More shots up on site.

Looks like MD will be opening in June or early July from what I saw today.

There were starting to put the glazing up on the 2nd floor while I was shooting.
7191333296_4990d123c1_b.jpg

7191340558_0c3042f6c0_b.jpg

7191352742_dda7eae30b_b.jpg

7191371532_db997b2797_b.jpg

7191324742_cb19130d0c_b.jpg

7191374652_c402f035e2_b.jpg

It's too bad that they didn't make that upper room with huge, swing-open windows, like Joey's on Dundas. I love those open style windows, even in high traffic areas like this.

Sorry to disappoint; at least one of the tenants will be the FedEx store from up Yonge Street on the East side at Greenfield.

Actually that is very disappointing. A Fedex. Wow. They may as well lease the rest of the space to a private dentistry to round off the excitement.

Sorry to disappoint; at least one of the tenants will be the FedEx store from up Yonge Street on the East side at Greenfield.

There is a sign in their window to state that they are moving to 4804 Yonge Street. The corner hydro pole directly in front of the new building has the number 4804 on it and of course there is the title of this thread. The FedEx office at the current location is quite large; perhaps they are looking for smaller accommodations and lower cost.

Anyway, not all of the tenants here will be restaurants.

This is not the way to animate retail or create any kind of synergy. To draw people to this part of Yonge, you need to offer a number of popular restaurant or retail options. Banks, medical offices, couriers and the like, just don't do that. It's more likely to lead to failure if they go that route. (in terms of animating a street or becoming a local eating destination)

For a view of the size of the current FedEx office at 4885 (4887) Yonge Street, enter this address in Google Maps and look at the Street View.

The picture was taken a couple of years ago when the merger of Kinkos Copies and FedEx was just underway, so the name is FedExKinko.

When I drove by today the sign about the move to 4804 was still posted on the window.

FedEx? Not the best tenant to animate this corner... I hope the remaining tenants will be appropriate. It looks like they are close to opening:

smimg0723.jpg

sm48img0722.jpg

Last edited:
Sheppard wing has some office equipment inside. Is it for the upcoming FedEx office? anonymous0024, thanks for your effort--looks like you have covered almost all new construction sites in NYCC!

Yes, it would appear that the FedEx-Kinko would be taking up the entire Sheppard (West) Wing.

Its still a mystery who would be taking up the centre wing and that odd second floor. That not so deep second floor does look like a nice place to put a jumbotron TV! Hmmmm,.... maybe about this time next year, we can all gather at the new plaza of Tridel-Hulmark Centre and watch the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. Well, I figure if I'm going to dream, I might as well dream big!

The McDonald's McCafe would be taking up the Yonge Street Wing. Interestingly, it seems that the food prep kitchen area for the McDonald's will be in the north end of the north wing along Yonge Street (so some of those Yonge Street frontage windows will be covered),... as opposed to having the food prep kitchen area in the back,.... It seems this configuration was done to leave more room for the centre wing,... and what ever is supposed to go there.

How disappointing! I work across the street, and I thought there will be 3 new lunch places. I hope the middle one is a restaurant as well. I agree the 2nd floor is really weird. My coworkers and I think that it's a sitting area. Definitely not a jumbotron cuz now that the windows are up, there is no way to install one.

Last edited:
OMG. I just walked by and saw the permit behind the glass of the centre section. You wouldn't believe this. It's a 7-Eleven!?

Back