Toronto Four Eleven King Condominiums | 149.04m | 45s | Great Gulf | KPMB

well for one building on this site should "transition" down along King going west, particularly given the established built context of the warehouse district west of Spadina is primarily 3 to 6 storeys, isn't 55 storeys a little out of the blue? building height should increase going east towards the core, not the other way around

401-415 King Street West - Request for Direction Report - Zoning By-law Amendment

This item will be considered by Toronto and East York Community Council on May 10, 2016. It will be considered by City Council on June 7, 2016, subject to the actions of the Toronto and East York Community Council.

Toronto and East York Community Council consideration on May 10, 2016
TE16.8 - 10:00 AM

Ward:20

Request for Direction Report - 401-415 King Street West - Zoning By-law Amendment
Origin

(April 22, 2016) Report from the Director, Community Planning, Toronto and East York District
Summary
This application proposes to amend the former City of Toronto Zoning By-law 438-86 to permit the redevelopment of 401-415 King Street West, with a 56-storey mixed use building including a 12-storey and 13-storey base building with two floors of retail uses and residential above. The facades of the buildings at 401, 407 and 409 King Street West, which are listed on the City's Register of Heritage Resources, would be incorporated into the façade of the building facing King Street West.

The project is proposed to contain 615 dwelling units and 2,452 square metres of commercial space with 221 parking spaces and 656 bicycle parking spaces. The proposed building height is 181 metres (187 metres including the mechanical penthouse). The total gross floor area would be 48,214 square metres.

The owner of the site at 401-415 King Street West has appealed its Zoning By-law Amendment application to the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) citing Council's failure to make a decision within the time required by the Planning Act. A pre-hearing conference has been scheduled for July 14, 2016. A full hearing has not yet been scheduled.

Staff will submit a report to the supplementary agenda for Toronto and East York Community Council for consideration at its meeting on May 10, 2016.

Background Information
(April 22, 2016) Report from the Director, Community Planning, Toronto and East York District - 401-415 King Street West - Zoning By-law Amendment - Request for Direction Report - Notice of Pending Report
(http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2016/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-92514.pdf)
Source: Toronto City Clerk at www.toronto.ca/council

I have it, as I suspected it would be removed. I take it I42 wouldn't be super pleased if I posted it again, however.
I appreciate the consideration. The reason it was taken down from UT earlier was that the originating artist had been told by Tridel to remove the rendering from his website, as Tridel had paid for the copyright on it. If there's a copyright claim, we must comply with those requests.

The City, however, considers that once the renderings are submitted to them, that they are then in the public domain, and so upon the appeal to the OMB, they have made the renderings available to us as of April 29. What is unclear, however, is whether or not these renderings represent the latest version of the proposal. In other words, it may be a revised proposal that is headed to the OMB. We'll try to get that figured out on Monday, May 2.

In any case, I'm going to process these images, and get them up soon.

So, this was valid a year ago now…

401KingStrE1280.jpg

but apparently the plan has changed since.

Attachments

• 401KingStrE1280.jpg
    401KingStrE1280.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 1,399

Back