383 Sorauren (Gariloch, Centrestone) - Real Estate -

Thank you! This shows its set back from the tracks similar to the RW building.

@kingeast yes you are right I am still definitely thinking long n hard... is it worth it? I am balancing my love for the hood, proximity to work, cost effectiveness vs noisy trains.

Re: sound wall - all the articles say a 15 ft wall is proposed but nothing about when or what type of wall... A lot of comments about cancer causing trains though - that's another scary thought

There are only like 10 units left in this building. Two facing the tracks. The setback from the tracks in mandated by metrolinx at 20-25 meters to the closest indoor residential space. The project also has a large crashwall and berm b/w it and the tracks. As stated in the the earlier post, the building face will be roughly lined up with RWL. If you want to know what it is like living near the tracks, check out the next open house at RWL. These units trade quicker than almost any building in the city. Especially units facing east with unrestricted views looking over the tracks to the City. Or you could go to Rosedale and hang out in some of the $5M homes right next door to the heavily used train tracks that cut right through the neighbourhood.

Nothing for sale in RW lofts. The only one there is sold conditionally

There's not much left at 383 - some expensive pent house for 750k

I appreciate the feedback- food for thought

Thanks

Nothing for sale in RW lofts. The only one there is sold conditionally

There's not much left at 383 - some expensive pent house for 750k

I appreciate the feedback- food for thought

Thanks

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for but you should check out Howard Park's phase 2. It's close by and you won't have to deal with the noisy trains. I looked at both of these projects in the past and both have their pros and cons. Alternatively there is another condo development, "The Roncy", that should be coming to the area in the near future (I believe more details will be announced in the fall).

When I looked at Sorauren (almost a year and a half ago at this point) I was impressed with their pricing / floorplans. There were definitely some well priced units at the time, however I struggled with the proximity to the train tracks. Now that trains are expected to be passing through every couple of minutes I am happy I looked elsewhere. I do know a couple of people (friends of friends) who have purchased at Sorauren though.

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for but you should check out Howard Park's phase 2. It's close by and you won't have to deal with the noisy trains. I looked at both of these projects in the past and both have their pros and cons. Alternatively there is another condo development, "The Roncy", that should be coming to the area in the near future (I believe more details will be announced in the fall).

When I looked at Sorauren (almost a year and a half ago at this point) I was impressed with their pricing / floorplans. There were definitely some well priced units at the time, however I struggled with the proximity to the train tracks. Now that trains are expected to be passing through every couple of minutes I am happy I looked elsewhere. I do know a couple of people (friends of friends) who have purchased at Sorauren though.

Thanks!!!

How are your friends feeling about their purchase?

The agent at 383 sales shop says there is 1 2bed left but it's facing RW lofts.

I was at Sorauren dog park yesterday - the new trains are going by all the time now. It's not bad. They are quiet and quick and I think I will get used to it if I lived there... I won't be anyways - no nice units left. Perhaps I will wait for one in RW lofts. 383 is not really a loft it's a bit of a mixed-style: the exterior seems loft-like, but the interior does not.

I didn't like the pricing of Howard Park (phase 2) and the building size is a bit larger than I would normally like. However, I did like the ability to BBQ on the balcony and the fact that water was included in the maintenance- it's not at 383 as far as I know

I am not sure how I feel about living smack on Roncy but I eagerly await news on the pricing for the new condo. It's the funeral home conversion right?

The one thing I liked about 383 was the proximity to Sorauren park (and my office).

To my knowledge, they are happy with the purchase at this point in time (although I guess we'll have more details once the project is finished). I know about 2-3 people who purchased in the building and they are all first time home buyers. They each have certain ties to the neighbourhood which is why they chose to live in the area. I'm not certain as to the location of their units however. The main issue I have with the trains is what it does to your resale value - as others have also mentioned. It might be livable for you, but who knows what others will think when and if you decide to sell.

I agree with you about Howard Park - It's a complicated development. They are doing a lot of fancy things in terms of heating which you have to take into consideration because it adds to the monthly maintenance costs. The gas stoves and BBQs are definitely a plus though, although I found the size of the balconies quite small. What I liked most is that they allow all dogs (German Shepherds, Dobies, Boxers, Rottweilers, etc) as I have always loved my Dobermans.

The Roncy is being done by Worsley Urban Partners. They've done some cool stuff and are building Totem which is also a cool development. You can find some information on Google if you do some searching.

I have ties to Roncesvalles so I was really looking to get into the area myself. All of these developments were on my radar but ultimately I decided to go a little bit further East.

Occupancy is fast approaching as I received an email to have my PDI scheduled.

Occupancy is fast approaching as I received an email to have my PDI scheduled.

Is this likely? The building looks like there's still lots of work to do. I am interested in this so keeping an eye out for assignments

I love the look of the building from Dundas heading west it really stands out

Is this likely? The building looks like there's still lots of work to do. I am interested in this so keeping an eye out for assignments

Was asked by a few new owners a week ago while shooting it if I thought it would done for the ground units schedule for Oct. The street units had only appliance in the middle of the room from what I could see and could be done by mid Oct with luck. The refrigerator is bottom freezer and rare to see that in these buildings.

I would say off hand, more like Nov to year end for the 2nd & 3rd floor as well the ground floor.

The brick is not complete, but adds to the building, as well one of the better building I have seen to date.

Was asked by a few new owners a week ago while shooting it if I thought it would done for the ground units schedule for Oct. The street units had only appliance in the middle of the room from what I could see and could be done by mid Oct with luck. The refrigerator is bottom freezer and rare to see that in these buildings.

I would say off hand, more like Nov to year end for the 2nd & 3rd floor as well the ground floor.

The brick is not complete, but adds to the building, as well one of the better building I have seen to date.
Thank you!

I am stunned at bottom freezer ! wow... Are they white too.

I guess early next year then for higher floors

Wouldn't be surprised if I was in the building while it was still being worked on, it's pretty common for that to happen.
(Anecdotally, when I worked at U Condos this happened on both towers!)

Anyway, my occupancy date is set for end of October.

That's a panelized liebherr fridge.
Surprised to see a fridge that nice being spec'd in this building.

That's a panelized liebherr fridge.
Surprised to see a fridge that nice being spec'd in this building.

I do not know whether the fridge was a standard feature for the suites in the building, or it could have been a suite specific upgrade the purchaser chose (and paid for) during the selection of finishes and upgrades process....

Back