Toronto 383 Sorauren Avenue | 33.83m | 10s | Gairloch | a—A

The discussion about distance to the train tracks which evolved into a real estate talk, has been moved to the real estate thread, linked above.

Looks to me like the sound barriers are being installed just south of this site:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2866.JPG
    IMG_2866.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,562
  • IMG_2865.JPG
    IMG_2865.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,563
A tender was passed through my office for 383 Sorauren and in the tender documents was the construction schedule.

According to the schedule:

-So far, the construction is on time: they're at the P2/P1 slab form/pour.
-They expect to be at ground level by end of August.
-They want from ground to the 6th floor finished by June of next year.
-They want to start occupying the building in June of 2016.
-Entire building finished and completely occupied by September 2016.

Did a little bit of an experiment on Saturday (June 6th). With Dundas West Fest going on and the launch of the UPX Train, I decided to wander over the 383 Sorauren job site and wait for two trains to pass in both directions. To my ears, you cannot hear the UPX trains pass at all; the 506/505 streetcar makes more noise going over the bridge than the UPX train does. Now, this was at 6:00pm and Sorauren was busy so when I returned at 10:30pm I decided to do the same experiment, this time by standing on the bridge on Dundas. Again, the UPX train made very little noise until it passed directly under the bridge. It has a certain hum to it that's very similar to the TR trains.

Anyway, that's my update.

I agree, the UPX trains are quiet. It's the GO trains that are the worst offenders with the occassional cargo train rumbling by late at night. And yeah, the worst overall are those trendy streetcars. They squeal like babies.

Really the worst aspect of this location is all the car traffic trying to escape Roncevalles. It's not something I'd like to breathe in after coming home from work.

Aug 15
This project will not be 100% at grade until the first week in Sept as there is a lot of forming to do at the rear.

I don't class a building at grade until the full floor is pour. I would class this as forming is reaching grade even with the small section of concrete been pour.

Should be near topping off by year end.
20633797422_d8658d1ef4_b.jpg

20022043773_fdc9369d18_b.jpg

20454972698_01aa6cfe90_b.jpg

20022070983_af7113fe3a_b.jpg

20642943685_5cefe5604d_b.jpg

Nice! They seem to be progressing at a good pace (untrained eyes). It's mayhem on Sorauren in the AM now though - can't get by - even on a bike. I hope this gets completed by Summer (is it ?) of 2016 and the crazy traffic eases up. Also looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Back