Toronto 36Hazelton | ?m | 7s | Alterra | BDP Quadrangle

Alterra and Zinc Development Group are the developers. 19 luxury units in a boutique condo that incorporates the 1920s vintage St. Basil’s School.

36HazeltonRend1.jpg

36HazeltonRend2.jpg

Location aerial
36HazeltonRend3.jpg

There are 2 websites Hazelton36 and 36 Hazelton.

Registration for the project can be done here. If you do register tell them Urban Toronto sent you.

Alterra and Zinc Development Group are the developers. 19 luxury units in a boutique condo that incorporates the 1920s vintage St. Basil’s School.

There are 2 websites Hazelton36 and 36 Hazelton.

Registration for the project can be done here. If you do register tell them Urban Toronto sent you.

The indro to the site is way too long and too much info. Needs to be cut in haft.

"... to over $10 million"

I love how the top end is always "over" some large number. As if to signify that if you can pay that much, you shouldn't care by how much over $10 million it is.

"... to over $10 million"

I love how the top end is always "over" some large number. As if to signify that if you can pay that much, you shouldn't care by how much over $10 million it is.

In my experience it is usually because the highest suites are customized to such an extent that the price can easily exceed the base price $10M. But interesting observation :)

We have some renderings to share with you, with more to come. We'll start with exteriors.

A new look at the front...

36HazeExtStreet960.jpg

and several looks at the terraces above. They are certainly not skimping here.

36HazeExtTerraces960.jpg

36HazeExtTerracesCrop960.jpg

36HazePentTerrace960.jpg

Les Klein leads the team of architects at Quadrangle. Heritage architecture is being handled by Christopher Borgal of Goldsmith Borgal and Company. Landscape architecture is by Ronald Holbrook and Associates.

The boutique building is down to 18 suites from the previously stated 19.

Last edited:
While I don't think there should be any more development on Hazelton at all. I'm tentatively okay with this building. My first instinct is to say a firm no, since Hazelton is one of the most attractive streets in the whole city. That said, it doesn't seem that much out of step with the building that's on the site now and it's a fairly responsible and attractive, stepped-back design, though I wouldn't mind if they lopped at least one floor off the top and brought it more into line with the existing building's height. It better not be any kind of precedent. This should be the last development on that street.

The setbacks for those generous terrace spaces and the limit of seven floors will mean that, once completed, you won't really notice this building from the street all that much.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5R 2E2

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 149133 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Apr 4, 2012

Project: Other Other(BA)

Description: BUILDING PERMIT TO DEMOLISH REAR portion of existing school, and retain historical facade. See 11 322222 BLD for new construction permit. This is for a new seven (7) storey residential condominium with three (3) below grade parking levels. This building will have 19 units. please refer to planning folders associated with this address. The new address of the building will be 36 Haazelton Avenue.

Back