Toronto 351 Lake Shore East | 151m | 49s | Great Gulf | SHL Architects

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
Noticed this rezoning application... don't know if it's been discussed in a thread somewhere.

I'm assuming these are the Victory silos at Parliament and Lake Shore. Any insights?

PROPOSED MIXED-USE BUILDING CONTAINING 109 000 TO 110 000
SQUARE METRES OF RESIDENTIAL GFA AND 2000 TO 3000 SQUARE
METRES OF NON-RESIDENTIAL GFA (MAX 112000 M2 GFA) UNDER ONE
OF TWO OPTIONS " ONE WITH SILOS UP AND ONE WITH SILOS DOWN"

Home Depot should build us one of these....

DSCN2607.jpg

Wow. Extremely interesting.

I am not convinced that this should be an area for 40 or 50 floor buildings (considering its waterfront location), but I am intrigued by the first option, where Queen Quay East would wrap around the Victory Silos. The second option (sans-silos) would make the tower the tallest thing on the waterfront, would it not?

Do we really want 50 storey towers when there are no Victorian Industrial brick low rises to loom over?

Huh? I don't get it.

Or are you just getting a dig in about my issues with the Clear/Pure Spirit projects?

I am more open to a tower here (especially if public space is done well), but I don't think it meshes that well with the City's plans for the area, like TWRC's West Don Lands and East Bayfront plans.

Yeah, just a little dig for fun. This project is so early into the design phase, with no speculative line drawings for massing even, that it'll be interesting to see how this unfolds.

With one option being keeping the grain elevators and one getting rid of them, wow, could you have a bigger question mark hanging over this plan? Plus there are the Don River Naturalization Plans and East Bayfront Studies to finalize... it seems premature to be throwing this one about.

Back