Toronto 335 Yonge | 55.2m | 16s | Lalani | Zeidler

Which is a reason why a lot of neon "restorations" these days (eg. Citgo in Boston) opt for LEDs instead.

That sign on the property has been there a while, but it doesn't imply that that is what's coming at all. There's not been anything proposed even has there? That article doesn't seem to source anything either.

The article kind of read like a broker who was trying to sell some retail units (no retailers actually signed on, maybe 5 stories of retail, maybe 4, maybe mixed use, maybe a condo on top...but its coming soon! And its exciting!).

It will be used as a seasonal pop-up.

According to the listings, new locations of the popular fast food chain are slated to open at 79 Billy Bishop Way in North York, 1 Promenade Circle in Thornhill and (drumroll please...) at 335 Yonge Street in downtown Toronto.

Located smack dab at the corner of Yonge and Gould, where currently there sits a lot with food trucks, this last location will undoubtedly be lined up out the wazoo for months.

This location currently houses several food vendors, and is situated right between the Ryerson SLC and the soon-to-open Tokyo Smoke cannabis store.

I'm confused - this is an empty plot right now.. how do they propose sticking a jollibee here? Given they are hiring for the location I expect they would want to open soon.. but they'd need to file site plan and build the project first.

Exactly - I'm not sure how this is gonna work unless it's some longer-term pop up shop

Would it even be possible to develop the site as-is and get it by city planning?

I would imagine that they'd need at least the HMV site to make it viable.

Would it even be possible to develop the site as-is and get it by city planning?

I would imagine that they'd need at least the HMV site to make it viable.
You could - you'd just need to get Site plan approval, which would take at least 9 months. Then you'd have to actually build the place.. which leaves me wondering why you'd be hiring a restaurant manager when it's at least 2 years out.

Back