News   Apr 19, 2024
 672     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 737     1 

3180 Bathurst (n of Lawrence, Affordable Ownership Housing, 13 + 14s) COMPLETE

Mike in TO

Member Bio
Reaction score
A proposal has been submitted for a rezoning application to permit development of two-residential buildings, 13- and 14-storeys tall, to be connected by a one-storey base with 398-residential units of affordable ownership housing. The development includes the retention and restoration of the portion of the existing Asbury and West United Church that was built in 1958. Retail uses as well as a day-care are proposed at grade.

A proposal has been submitted for a rezoning application to permit development of two-residential buildings, 13- and 14-storeys tall, to be connected by a one-storey base with 398-residential units of affordable ownership housing. The development includes the retention and restoration of the portion of the existing Asbury and West United Church that was built in 1958. Retail uses as well as a day-care are proposed at grade.

www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2010/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-25644.pdf

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/searchPlanningApp.do

3180 BATHURST ST
Site Plan Approval 10 279086 NNY 15 SA Ward 15
- North York Oct 18, 2010 Application Submitted Oct 18, 2010 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Ritz, Cassidy
(416)395-7053
Proposed mixed use development including: A 13 storey residential building fronting Bathurst Street and Saranac Boulevard totaling 28,251 m2 of GFA and 340 residential units of ownership housing. 126 m2 of retail space at grade is proposed along Bathurst Street. Retention and restoration of the 1958 portion of the Asbury and West United Church with an upgraded day care facility within the place of worship is also proposed on the site.

To be called Cranbrooke Village, by Options for Homes: http://www.optionsforhomes.ca/content.php?parentID=30&childID=58&childType=content

dsc01183g.jpg

I once saw a condo hoarding around there emblazoned with 'Why kvetch about commuting?"

I was thinking of buying this condo. any thoughts on the area as it still looks to be under developed.

^ Reminder of how awful Lawrence Plaza actually is. It would be a perfect spot for Shops at Don Mills-style upgrade and some mid-rise residential buildings. Perhaps someday...

^ Reminder of how awful Lawrence Plaza actually is. It would be a perfect spot for Shops at Don Mills-style upgrade and some mid-rise residential buildings. Perhaps someday...

Isn't shops @ don mills having a tough time fighting against Fairview? This plaza is closer in comparative distance to its respective mall competition; Yorkdale, which by the way after its next expansion will be the second largest mall in the country. I love shops at don mills but I can't help but think this would be a losing cause in this location. However I would like to see what's happening at Lawrence and dufferin being duplicated here with some significant ground retail (a groceries store, a shoppers drug mart,) treveso has done everything right in my opinion minus that single floor shoppers which I am sure not time will go back to its original plan and become a condo.

Back