Toronto 3018 Yonge | 48.16m | 12s | Lanterra | Hariri Pontarini

I have to say though the fake brick material doesn't look that great in person, they were applied in large sheets, other then that the quality of materials seem quite high !

I agree though Yonge from Eglinton -> York Mills could use more development like this; I'm only aware of 2 others in the area (less right at Y&E) there is a new rental proposal in a parking lot on the east side of Yonge a couple blocks south. Also there's the controversial large building also a bit south of this but for the life of me I can't recall the name.

Alaska - design by Will Asop and Quadrangle

There's also the Capitol Theatre Block that was recently sold. This building ought to be preserved. It would be awful to lose it:

news-capitol-85b091bb.jpeg

http://www.postcity.com/Eat-Shop-Do...-will-come-to-the-site-in-the-next-few-years/

I would be happy with a Montgomery Square type development here; however, the lack of heritage protection for it makes me worried that it might be demolished. Then again, there is a massive parking lot behind this. I wonder if the owner of the site purchased that as well, or merely this building? I would prefer to see this building left as is and have a new building go up on the parking lot instead, if possible.

I would be happy with a Montgomery Square type development here; however, the lack of heritage protection for it makes me worried that it might be demolished. Then again, there is a massive parking lot behind this. I wonder if the owner of the site purchased that as well, or merely this building? I would prefer to see this building left as is and have a new building go up on the parking lot instead, if possible.

I agree, however the article you linked doesn't offer much hope.

A representative from the purchaser, Madison Homes, implied “something” was coming but could not share what that might be. When asked if he’d like to see the Capitol Theatre building remain standing, McClelland replied, “You can have your fanciful dreams, I guess, but these things happen in business.”

Anyone with with a Twitter account want to bring this to the attention of Councillors Carmichael-Greb & Robinson?

Anyone with with a Twitter account want to bring this to the attention of Councillors Carmichael-Greb & Robinson?
Carmichael-Greb won't care a crud, I can assure you now.

This is one battle that will have to be fought by local NIMBYs. Robinson might be worth a try as she is receptive to NIMBYs. Maybe Matlow or Wong-Tam may take an interest if emailed.

Carmichael-Greb won't care a crud, I can assure you now.

This is one battle that will have to be fought by local NIMBYs. Robinson might be worth a try as she is receptive to NIMBYs. Maybe Matlow or Wong-Tam may take an interest if emailed.

I'm on the North York Community Preservation Panel...I'll bring it up at our next meeting.

A better way to say 'thanks', to just about anything in a post, and instead of bumping the thread, is to hit the "Like" link!

Back