Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

planning? I thought they are just finishing construction in Vancouver

planning? I thought they are just finishing construction in Vancouver

That's the Shangri-La non?

According to Wikipedia's list of Raffles locations there are only three in North America, none in Canada. Beverly Hills, Chicago and New York City.

Shangri-la isn't close to topping out so no

I've read of a Raffles mixed-use project u/c in a Vancouver condo mag and just assume it is connected to the chain

Shangri-la isn't close to topping out so no

I've read of a Raffles mixed-use project u/c in a Vancouver condo mag and just assume it is connected to the chain

Well according to Raffles nothing on the radar for Vancouver, yet. (Maybe they just used the name, just like they used the Ritz name for a condo, not connected to the actual hotel chain.)

Filip -
Although there may not be any faceted facades right now, RBC, Ritz and BA will all have the same design, and basically look exactly the same. From the street, noone will notice the increasing floorplan as the buiding rises - it will look like like a square glass building.

I find that so many of the office towers, condo-hotels, etc being proposed in Toronto right now follow the same look - all glass, larger at top than bottom (or even square) with no distinct design elements. We have a city full of unique buildings - Scotia Plaza, BCE, Simcoe Place. Those buildings are "different". Ritz, BA and RBC are not.

Filip -
Although there may not be any faceted facades right now, RBC, Ritz and BA will all have the same design, and basically look exactly the same. From the street, noone will notice the increasing floorplan as the buiding rises - it will look like like a square glass building.

I find that so many of the office towers, condo-hotels, etc being proposed in Toronto right now follow the same look - all glass, larger at top than bottom (or even square) with no distinct design elements. We have a city full of unique buildings - Scotia Plaza, BCE, Simcoe Place. Those buildings are "different". Ritz, BA and RBC are not.

Meh, I consider them products of their time. I somewhat enjoy Toronto's new towers though, they're all very restrained, in a Toronto manner so to speak...

Some additional info from the initial application:

58s Mixed use residential with commercial at grade and a 14s residential building. 381 square meters of non-res GFA and 57,813.9 square meters of residential GFA with 641 proposed units.

Some additional info from the initial application:

58s Mixed use residential with commercial at grade and a 14s residential building. 381 square meters of non-res GFA and 57,813.9 square meters of residential GFA with 641 proposed units.

14 st residential? ?

Well according to Raffles nothing on the radar for Vancouver, yet. (Maybe they just used the name, just like they used the Ritz name for a condo, not connected to the actual hotel chain.)

Yeah, there's a condo project called Raffles in Vnacouver - no hotel and unconnected with the hotel chain. There' s also a Ritz condo here - also unconnected with the Ritz-Carleton (which will be at the "Turn" project).

14 st residential? ?

The intial plans call for a 13 storey loft style building running east to west on the north part of the site which will "shield" the transformer yard (all residences faced south). The taller 58 storey building, more condo apartment style is on the south east corner in a square configuration. There will be a fairly significant public courtyard on the southwest corner.

Bill

Back