Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Maybe there's been a spike in projects in recent months that don't make me jump for joy, but I'm not more negative...remember, I was badmouthing the ROM crystal years ago. If anything, I'd say it's everyone else that's increasingly skyscraper-fanboy-ishly positive (and although I don't frequent SSC enough to notice a convergence, there's surely been vbulletin-related effects). Would you rather I post umpteen versions of "Wow, 58 storeys, that'll be great for the skyline! I hope it meets the street well and the cladding is world class!"?

As for the doctors/dementia, don't worry, I've always been a bit close to the edge.

MisterF: Ritz is also a hotel...I think that the Front Street site would be a great hotel location, too.

I think the outward facing sides of Element look pretty good - not everything can or even should amount to landmark status

They should just move the transformer station, either underground or to an entirely new facility, which is not going to be in close proximity to people working or living-its disgusting that we have accepted this obvious health risk for so long..Let's say goodbye already.

If they don't remove it, I feel sorry for all the sad saps who end up with the units closest to this thing..as DaninToronto wrote earlier, cancer abounds.

p5

as DaninToronto wrote earlier, cancer abounds

mircowave signals (or whatever those transmission towers emit) and hydro transformers are just about everywhere so if their level of radiation is truly carcinogenic we are all fucked!

eventhough I'm rather found of industrial pieces, this facility with its cinderblock wall and curtain of 3rd party signs above is an eyesore to the urban fabric of its surroundings - time to bury it beside the transmission lines

mircowave signals (or whatever those transmission towers emit) and hydro transformers are just about everywhere so if their level of radiation is truly carcinogenic we are all fucked!
Yeah, if we live here, we'll all wind up looking like this
reddy.jpg

Before
BS-PARL-0506-200-oPT.gif

After
11135000.jpg

With those Transformers there's more than meets the eye (possible PCBs and electromagnetic fields). If you mess with the Transformers you also need to worry about Voltron.

I doubt they will not approve this based upon the transformers (release date July 4). The first time I noticed them was through a friends condo, who directly overlooks it as her condo is already directly opposite it (other side of the street). When I was there (a couple of months ago), the biggest eyesore was more the huge advertisement of Simon (american idol) posted on the side.

Looking forward to the renders of this one. And it will be interesting to see how they design the lower floors facing the transformers, surely the units won't have balconeys :eek:

if they were smart they would make the first 4-6 floors either retail or office. Would be a great location for a loblaws, home depot etc. etc.

if they were smart they would make the first 4-6 floors either retail or office. Would be a great location for a loblaws, home depot etc. etc.

This would be a perfect place to cash in with retail.

I can't wait to see who the developer is.

They should build on top of it as they did we 7WTC in New York. Give the developer extra density in return for hiding the eyesore.

Back