Edge Towers (Solmar) - Real Estate -

Just received my invitation for the design appointment. They use a virtual tool which really helps with selection in advance. If anyone has questions about the available options let me know.

Options add up quick.

1658503692763.png

1658503722850.png

Quick question, does anyone have any experience with "Acoustic Underpads"? Seems useful but quite pricey.

1658503790391.png

Just received my invitation for the design appointment. They use a virtual tool which really helps with selection in advance. If anyone has questions about the available options let me know.

Options add up quick.

View attachment 415228
View attachment 415229

Quick question, does anyone have any experience with "Acoustic Underpads"? Seems useful but quite pricey.

View attachment 415230

Options add up quickly and if I am not mistaken you have to pay for them before closing, so before you get your mortgage. So, you need to ask them about the exact payment schedule.

View attachment 415230

If you are a heavy stepper, your downstairs neighbours will appreciate it. I absolutely detest hearing my upstairs neighbours stomp around and if I had an opportunity, I would pay them to install this padding.

But is getting it for the anti bacterial properties for your condo worth it?

I've never had mould and mildew grow on my floors. It's an interesting option; aside from the anti-bacterial benefits (questionable IMHO), it seems like this is an option you would choose for your upstairs neighbour (as saynotofaux mentioned) for your own peace of mind. :)

Does anybody know the occupancy date for Edge Tower 1? Did anybody receive any communication from the builder concerning occupancy timing?

Does anybody know the occupancy date for Edge Tower 1? Did anybody receive any communication from the builder concerning occupancy timing?
Nope. Nothing at all - not even tentative occupancy dates. The last communication I have from them is a "Notice of Unavoidable Delay due to COVID-19" - and that was over 2 years ago. I emailed their customer support a few weeks back and got the same non-commital response.

Can they even wave that Notice of Unavoidable Delay at us (legally) since the pandemic has largely subsided? From what I understand Construction was deemed an essential service and never shutdown anyway.

Nope. Nothing at all - not even tentative occupancy dates. The last communication I have from them is a "Notice of Unavoidable Delay due to COVID-19" - and that was over 2 years ago. I emailed their customer support a few weeks back and got the same non-commital response.

Can they even wave that Notice of Unavoidable Delay at us (legally) since the pandemic has largely subsided? From what I understand Construction was deemed an essential service and never shutdown anyway.
That Covid 19 was used badly by almost everybody as an excuse for the delay in delivering any service or for the bad service. The government itself is engaged in the same behavior.

Just received notification today that Final Tentative Occupancy Date is in Oct 2023 and Revised Outside Occupancy Date is Sep 2025 for Edge Tower 1!

This is bewildering! What does this mean anyway; that the 'earliest' Occupancy is Oct 2023 and that it can get postponed further by another 2 years??

Does anyone know if we are entitled to delay penalty payouts because of the so-called "Unavoidable Delay due to COVID"?

Back