Toronto 245 Sheppard West | 41m | 11s | PineLake | WZMH

PMT

Member Bio
Reaction score
245 SHEPPARD AVE W
Ward 23 - North York District

►View All Properties

11 storey mixed use building containing 98 residential units, 442 sqm of retail and service uses on the ground floor, two levels of underground parking having frontage along Sheppard Avenue, 7 - three-storey townhouses fronting onto Bogert Avenue
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
OPA & Rezoning 16 208200 NNY 23 OZ Aug 17, 2016 Under Review

Site Plan:
Screenshot 2016-08-18 15.36.14.png

Renderings:
Screenshot 2016-08-18 15.37.17.png
Screenshot 2016-08-18 15.37.38.png

Does anyone know about JFJ? Google turns up a company with a similar name in Chicago, but the company address according to the documents is in Richmond Hill.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-08-18 15.36.14.png
    Screenshot 2016-08-18 15.36.14.png
    146 KB · Views: 1,499
  • Screenshot 2016-08-18 15.37.38.png
    Screenshot 2016-08-18 15.37.38.png
    574.9 KB · Views: 1,496
  • Screenshot 2016-08-18 15.37.17.png
    Screenshot 2016-08-18 15.37.17.png
    621.5 KB · Views: 3,607
Looks very similar to the one closer to Yonge. Towns on Bogert and a midrise on Sheppard. It's a big increase in density, but honestly, I don't mind it. It works.

Also: the city is requiring quite the road widening there. Do they really see Sheppard with 6 lanes eventually?

Looks very similar to the one closer to Yonge. Towns on Bogert and a midrise on Sheppard. It's a big increase in density, but honestly, I don't mind it. It works.

Also: the city is requiring quite the road widening there. Do they really see Sheppard with 6 lanes eventually?

Why stop at 6?! If we're really smart, maybe we can hold a drag race here someday!

Actually 7 lanes along Sheppard Ave West; 3 eastbound + 3 westbound + 1 left turn lane. Sheppard Ave West is already 7 lanes closer to Yonge Street,... between the service ring roads of Beecroft Road and Doris Ave.

BTW, that almost identical twin closer to Yonge,... aka 53-63 Sheppard Ave West,... has already been chopped by the developer before going to OMB.

This is why we need the OMB.

I seriously doubt this "developer" would even take this "development proposal" to the OMB.

Site Plan Approval application submitted:

Development Applications

Updated project description:
11 storey mixed use building containing 98 residential units, 442 sqm of retail and service uses on the ground floor, two levels of underground parking having frontage along Sheppard Avenue, 7 three-storey townhouses fronting onto Bogert Avenue

Site Plan Approval application submitted:

Development Applications

Updated project description: 11 storey mixed use building containing 98 residential units, 442 sqm of retail and service uses on the ground floor, two levels of underground parking having frontage along Sheppard Avenue, 7 three-storey townhouses fronting onto Bogert Avenue

I believe the "Updated Project Description" is what was previously submitted, refused by City and then approved at OMB/LPAT - see image. Since it was originally submitted prior to Sheppard Avenue Commercial Area Secondary Plan coming into effect - it's not subject to the lower height and density limits.

The docs for new resubmission isn't online yet,... but I suspect the previous Land-Assembler PineLake/JFJ Development has likely sold and previous design technically belongs to them,.... so new owner is required to resubmit new design - likely within same OMB/LPAT approved built form - anything outside of that would be subject to the lower height and density limits within Sheppard Avenue Commercial Area Secondary Plan.
245SheppardWest.PNG

Last edited:
Newest rendering from Development Application site seems very similar to previous rendering - just a few slight cosmetic changes
245_SheppardWest.PNG

Back