Toronto 101 Spadina Avenue | 133.95m | 39s | Devron Developments | AUDAX

AHK

Member Bio
Reaction score
From the Property Report page of today's (May 10, 2016) Globe & Mail, the property at 101 Spadina Avenue, (east side, north of Oxley Street, .226 acres in size) has sold for $20,000,000 for residential redevelopment.

Hopefully, when the time comes, Lorne's will be able to find a new home...

If it's 101 Spadina then it's the east side of Spadina at Adelaide, SE corner.
That low rise structure has been screaming redevelopment for years.
Hopefully this includes the Green P surface lots, though their website lists the 2 side-by-side lots' addresses as 105 Spadina and 363 Adelaide.

Hopefully this includes the Green P surface lots, though their website lists the 2 side-by-side lots' addresses as 105 Spadina and 363 Adelaide.
Yeah i think it does, we all know that most times they use one address in the planning document, but in reality it includes other addresses in the vicinity

This would be a great opportunity for the city (Toronto Parking Authority) to trade some ground level space for part of parking garage below and build a taller, skinnier tower and use s42 dollars to create new public park here.

The greenspace to people ratio here is bad and it is only going to get worse as we add more offices and condos. More parks = better quality of life for residents in the neighbourhood.

The greenspace to people ratio here is bad and it is only going to get worse as we add more offices and condos. More parks = better quality of life for residents in the neighbourhood.

Yes but a tiny park on this site isn't going to help anyone. Especially if it's half paved like most new parks in the city.

Yes but a tiny park on this site isn't going to help anyone. Especially if it's half paved like most new parks in the city.

Oh, so you've already gone ahead and designed the park eh? Only big parks are worthy and needed by people?

There are no spaces left in downtown for a big park. So we will need to be more creative in building smaller parks. I think this means using land already owned by city (such as TPA lots) and getting creative. I'm all ears for other solutions though.

People generally do prefer bigger parks, yes. They'll even travel long distances to get there (see: Trinity Bellwoods). Smaller parks are still used but there are several nearby already.

It's time to start planning an elevated park/public square, that spans across the rail corridor from Bathurst to Union Station

I agree a small park here is useless except in statistics. It is especially so at this busy intersection involving a one way street. The park will be noisy and unpleasant. I think a midrise building (under 20s) will make far more sense and make Spadina appear more consistent.

I wish all two story structures on Spadina ave will be either demolished or added a few more stories. @Richmond, @Queen @Dundas for example. There are simply way too many buildings that are way too short for the big avenue like Spadina.

Back