News   Mar 28, 2024
 118     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 568     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 359     0 

250 Front St. E (Greenpark Homes, 12 + 2x 46s, SvN)

M5A

Member Bio
Reaction score
Greenpark Homes just closed on this site (Staples on Front just west of Parliament).

I just found the Greenpark Homes website and it looks to me like they belong in the suburbs. Too bad Brad Lamb or Cityzen didn`t get their hands on this instead.

Hint to Greenpark: Hire a good architect, not the one that designed your corporate HQ's, or the condos on your website ~shudder~

Last edited:
^ Ugh...Rosewood. They're fitting for its obscure location, but I'd keep these pre-cast tower-in-parks out of downtown. Greenpark hasn't won over my confidence yet, and is one of my least favourite developers.

Greenpark is one of Canada's largest builders--whose principal is one of Canada's richest. Recently, they've been starting to get into condo projects. One in Richmond Hill, Rosewood (404/Eglinton) -- really poor ugly condo, one in markham now at highway 48/Bur Oak (south of Major Mack) with silent partner Eldin Homes. And the Allure condos at yonge/davisville.

They've also been buying up a couple blocks on Peter Street so i'm sure we'll see an application or two soon.

To clarify ... Greenpark Homes is NOT a partner with Eldin Homes @ Highway 48 + Bur Oak in Markham, they own separate pieces of property

Greenpark (known as Anagni) has the corner piece @ NW corner of Highway 48 & Edward Jeffreys Avenue with 2 towers proposed (currently marketed as 'The Upper Village'), whereas Eldin Homes has the next piece immediately to the north also with a high density (~18 storeys) block fronting Highway 48 which has not gone into sales/marketing as of yet

Greenpark is one of Canada's largest builders--whose principal is one of Canada's richest. Recently, they've been starting to get into condo projects. One in Richmond Hill, Rosewood (404/Eglinton) -- really poor ugly condo, one in markham now at highway 48/Bur Oak (south of Major Mack) with silent partner Eldin Homes. And the Allure condos at yonge/davisville.

They've also been buying up a couple blocks on Peter Street so i'm sure we'll see an application or two soon.

I've wanted to see that horrible suburban Staples get destroyed for a long time, but I must say that Greenpark Homes does not inspire the slightest bit of confidence. That said, let's wait until we see a proposal before we shower them with contempt.

I face east towards this site, so am hoping that the new building will not be an eyesore. Would be a shame considering the proximity to the first Parliament site

Those condos, The Rosewood were designed by Burka Varacalli Architects Inc. and not too shabby.
http://dcnonl.com/article/id32803

Those things are atrocious, and anything of their style should not be allowed downtown. In fact, Burka shouldn't be allowed to design any buildings slated for downtown at all. Kirkor as well; let the McMansion loving areas of the 905 keep them occupied.

Solaris is right. He has corrected one of my very few mistakes :)

I got confused being the sites being adjacent and that ELDIN used marketing materials (The rendering) of The Upper Village by Greenpark to their investor portfolio for their site next door.

Those things are atrocious, and anything of their style should not be allowed downtown. In fact, Burka shouldn't be allowed to design any buildings slated for downtown at all. Kirkor as well; let the McMansion loving areas of the 905 keep them occupied.

I agree. Please keep Burka and Kirkor away from the downtown core.

This is a large rectangular lot. I wonder what kind of building can go here. Hopefully a quality infill with retail on the ground floor.

Back