Oshawa University Studios | ?m | 8s | Podium | Wallman Architects

It's in Oshawa actually.

university-studios-Building-.jpg

I think this is going to be in the place of the EMCO plumbing-supplies (?) company just south of the college-owned residences on the west side of Simcoe.

A lot more needs to happen here for this area to be walkable or attractive.

Streetview of the front of the building. Not too bad, unfortunate about the parking though.

1607985623068.png

Context from the north:

1607985685698.png

Context from the south:

1607985732014.png

Striking to me is that a relatively recently built up area lacks any green boulevard at roadside in either direction.

The room could be found by nixing the centre turning lane.

The street is pretty depressing. They made a mistake putting the University out here and not downtown. Downtown could have used the help.

One of those odd effects where the buidling does more "interesting" things the further you are away from it...

Last edited:
The street is pretty depressing. They made a mistake putting the University out here and not downtown. Downtown could have used the help.

Agreed; I believe this was the site of Durham College before; and they just grafted the University on to it.

Worth noting, the Uni that now call itself Ontario Tech University, does in fact have a downtown campus now.

PS.....I think of Cal-Tech; and wonder if ON-Tech would have been better branding?

The Sururban (main) Campus:

1607993740741.png

The downtown Oshawa campus is considerably smaller: (5 buildings)

1607993654973.png

Back