Toronto 2221 Yonge Condos | 192.62m | 58s | Tower Hill | Pei Partnership

I find the renders for this building hilarious now considering Minto Midtown to the south and the announcement of a 68s building at 1 Eglinton East in the site directly to the north of it. ;)

With 68s being proposed immediately to the north, I doubt this building will be trimmed down a few storeys.

I find the renders for this building hilarious now considering Minto Midtown to the south and the announcement of a 68s building at 1 Eglinton East in the site directly to the north of it. ;)

With 68s being proposed immediately to the north, I doubt this building will be trimmed down a few storeys.

68s proposed, not approved. Either way, I can't see this losing more than a few storeys. Hopefully it gets worked out in mediation.

I would be nice if they gave each highrise some breathing room. A view is the reason why people buy into these skyscrapers. Breathing room allows each highrise to show off its shape and form from the distance.

Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4S 2B4

Ward 22: St. Paul's

Application#: 15 111561 DEM 00 DM Accepted Date: Feb 3, 2015

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Demolition

Description: Proposal to demolish existing 6 storey commercial building.

The existing building, c1954 under construction (note the hoarding)

Could this be the very first Yonge & Eg office building to take advantage of the new subway construction?

pictures-r-3894.jpg

This one received approvals through settlement at the OMB, and got a 2 floor increase to 58s. Tower moved to the north a bit, $1.8 million in section 37 funds, and amount of parking reduced.

This one received approvals through settlement at the OMB, and got a 2 floor increase to 58s. Tower moved to the north a bit, $1.8 million in section 37 funds, and amount of parking reduced.

Wow. I was at the public meeting for this and I would not have guess it would've been approved based on that meeting. Even people from Minto Midtown came out against it.

So I walk by here everyday and I'm not following this development too much but it appears this morning they were JUST started to get their overhead protection system set up along Yonge - I think demo could be right around the corner folks...

The taller, continuous ones along highways are actually called Ontario Tall Walls, as they were invented by MTO and are now a highway median standard used globally.

The short, temporary ones are just jersey barriers though.

Back