Toronto Parkside Student Residences | ?m | ?s | Knightstone | Diamond Schmitt

devjohnson

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks like 111 Carlton Street (Best Western Primrose) is turning into the Parkside Student Residences.

$25M renovation includes complete remodel of all units, all common space, and the addition of a new podium.

g_Ace_exterior_2.jpg

g_Parkside_hallway.jpg

g_Ace_lounge_1.jpg

g_Parkside_terrace2.jpg

http://live-parkside.com/

Attachments

• g_Ace_exterior_2.jpg
    g_Ace_exterior_2.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 3,196
  • g_Parkside_hallway.jpg
    g_Parkside_hallway.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 3,154
  • g_Parkside_terrace2.jpg
    g_Parkside_terrace2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 3,013
  • g_Ace_lounge_1.jpg
    g_Ace_lounge_1.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 3,560
Unfortunately, it doesn't appear (from the top rendering at least) that they are doing anything to the abysmal Jarvis facade. God, even some sort of treatment or feature on the first two storeys or so would be an incredible improvement.

This building has been half student residence for a while now, not too surprising that the remaining hotel portion is now closing.

Like I said in another thread... it's incredible to see all of this student housing proposed in this area; it almost seems like too much. I know this particular building already served as student housing.

Another hotel gone. This city could use some budget friendly mid level hotels in the downtown core.

With nearby Ryerson having around 33,000 students enrolled (and that's just one school), I'd say it's far from too much. If anything, student housing will slowly start to catch up within the coming years.

The Primrose signs came down about two weeks ago but left an imprint on the concrete, which was cleaned up this week. Student residences are needed, this is good. I do wonder how they'll fill this in the summer, some student residences turn into hotel or hostels during that time to fill the empty rooms.

The Primrose signs came down about two weeks ago but left an imprint on the concrete, which was cleaned up this week. Student residences are needed, this is good. I do wonder how they'll fill this in the summer, some student residences turn into hotel or hostels during that time to fill the empty rooms.

Yup - just look at another local example - the ex-IBIS hotel (now Neill Wycik).

With nearby Ryerson having around 33,000 students enrolled (and that's just one school), I'd say it's far from too much. If anything, student housing will slowly start to catch up within the coming years.

Well the ads for various condo projects around the area is pretty much geared towards that crowd in any case.

AoD

Primrose.jpg
They painted the West wall, and my camera refused to shoot it. Hideous - the colour you'd choose for a high school hallway. At least the East wall is still interesting.

Attachments

• Primrose.jpg
    Primrose.jpg
    614.6 KB · Views: 1,845
The area of Carlton between Yonge and Jarvis has some of the most unfortunate buildings in Toronto. They should do something with the eastern blank wall facing Jarvis St. Its very unfortunate!

Back