Vaughan Vaughan Civic Centre Resource Library | 8.27m | 2s | City of Vaughan | ZAS Architects

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
New city of Vaughan resource library. Located directly adjacent to their new City Hall at Major Mackenzie and Keele.

timthumb.php

So, they are trying to establish a new "metropolitan centre" around the subway station at Highway 7, and they decide to build this up there? I mean, I get that it's by the new city hall, but they only built that city hall about five years ago. Seems like that would have made a good first anchor for the "metropolitan centre".

I guess that on the flip side, the city hall site has better regional rail connections.

Last edited:
So, they are trying to establish a new "metropolitan centre" around the subway station at Highway 7, and they decide to build this up there? I mean, I get that it's by the new city hall, but they only built that city hall about five years ago. Seems like that would have made a good first anchor for the "metropolitan centre".

I guess that on the flip side, the city hall site has better regional rail connections.

Highway 7 is nearly at the border of Toronto. Major Mac is more central. That being said, Definitely think this library and City Hall would have been great additions to VMC.

Highway 7 is nearly at the border of Toronto. Major Mac is more central. That being said, Definitely think this library and City Hall would have been great additions to VMC.

Exactly. Major Mack is near the edge of a rural area. Hardly "central" in a sense that matters.

Back