The One - Mizrahi Developments - (Real Estate) -

oooh! am i the first reply? XD
heard rumors that the floorplates would be entirely customizable, as a result of the "exo-skeleton" design of the building eliminating the need for load bearing walls inside... it would be so cool to be able to just purchase a block of space and have the flexibility! although it probably is too much wishful thinking...

Structure is not the only thing you need to worry about when designing suites. There are a lot of mechanical, electrical and plumbing considerations to take into account. Because units are stacked on top of each other you typically want to line up plumbing runs so that you're not taking headroom away from the suite below. So unless they designed the building to have a drop ceiling on every floor, which is highly unlikely, then you're not going to have completely customizable units.

Structure is not the only thing you need to worry about when designing suites. There are a lot of mechanical, electrical and plumbing considerations to take into account. Because units are stacked on top of each other you typically want to line up plumbing runs so that you're not taking headroom away from the suite below. So unless they designed the building to have a drop ceiling on every floor, which is highly unlikely, then you're not going to have completely customizable units.

Good point. I mean either way, I doubt the developer would work with the hundreds of owners individually to design each unit anyways... But I am very peculiar when it comes to layout, so was hoping that I would at least be able to customize the shapes and sizes a little bit when it came to the bathrooms and kitchen...

Anybody has the current pricing?
Last time I saw the price list it looked like pre-con units in The One are more expensive than already built units in 1 Bloor East across the road :(
I wonder if those prices are adjusted or they stay the same high?

Anybody has the current pricing?
Last time I saw the price list it looked like pre-con units in The One are more expensive than already built units in 1 Bloor East across the road :(
I wonder if those prices are adjusted or they stay the same high?

Expect prices to be $1250/sqft and up. The construction quality and the level of amenities are going to be on a completely different level than 1 Bloor E or anything really in the city currently.

Sounds good, but is there any proof of that?

My brokerage's pre-con team is handling the sales so we've gotten to see a lot about the building already. The fact that Foster & Partners is the architect is a great indicator. They just designed the Apple Headquarters. The building will be valet only, have heated pathways on the outdoor terraces so they can be used year round, will have a sky lobby and much more.

The amount of thought and detail going into the building is insane. For this shot they actually played a game of chess to make sure the chess pieces made sense where they were for the rendering if someone zoomed in:

IMG_6949.jpg

Back