Toronto 346 Davenport | 36.27m | 9s | Freed | RAW Design

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
Apps. also put in for 344 & 346 Davenport.

Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5R 1K6

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 14 119602 DEM 00 DM Accepted Date: Feb 20, 2014

Project: Retail Store Demolition

Description: Proposal to demolish existing 2 storey detached retail building.

Capture342.JPG

Apples and oranges my friend

You're missing the point. How about Arts and Crafts homes? There are plenty in Lawrence Park and other neighbourhoods in the city. That doesn't mean we should just tear them down because there are more than one or two examples of this style in various neighbourhoods. If there was a Victorian house in Agincourt, it wouldn't make sense to say, "They're a dime a dozen" downtown, so, "No love loss".

These houses are most likely expendable. They were probably among the more plain and sober examples of their kind built at the time. There are many more examples even in the immediate area.

AG raises an important issue since these are 100 year old buildings. It's important to consider whether something is heritage in the beginning before coming up with a redevelopment plan.

Of course. However, it wasn't necessarily en route to be raised as an issue of discussion here anyways. Merely a typical smart aleck comment.

Quite the innocent stance you claim there. Especially for such an instigative comment without any previous mention of concern.

Btw, ironic considering you've done your fair share of derailing this thread already.

Last edited:
Aaaand AG reminds me why I keep him on ignore again. "I'm just pointing out that they're two piles of steaming shit, why are you calling me provocative?"

It's by Freed & Trolleybus Urban Development: rendering

10 storeys.

This project in the Upper Yorkville neighbourhood is a land assembly of 3 properties. Realizing this project with our strategic partner, Freed Developments, this 10-storey development is steps away from up-scale shopping, restaurants and entertainment amenities. With great access to serene parks and a friendly community, this Davenport development is a gem in this highly sought-after area in Toronto.

Gonna guess it's Core Architects.

Attachments

• Davenport.jpg
    Davenport.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 4,420

Back