159SW Condos (Alterra) - Real Estate -

Any guesses on the likelihood the occupancy date holds anywhere close to December 2020 for lower floors? That's the revised date my friend got in March 2020, seems fairly unlikely to me?

Any guesses on the likelihood the occupancy date holds anywhere close to December 2020 for lower floors? That's the revised date my friend got in March 2020, seems fairly unlikely to me?
The lower floors are already enclosed and fit-out is probably happening inside. The critical path items are going to be elevators, HVAC systems, fire systems, garage access. It is possible that this happens by December 2020. I have heard that sites continuing work despite COVID are moving slower than usual due to social distancing, some materials issues, some absenteeism, etc.

I don't think it is obvious either way whether your friend's interim occupancy happens in December. I think it could go either way.

Does anyone know what had happened to that building? The firm occupancy date got delayed again and the length of the delay period is unknown

Does anyone know what had happened to that building? The firm occupancy date got delayed again and the length of the delay period is unknown
Not sure but here is an excerpt from a Globe & Mail article:

In Toronto, the most cases among outbreaks from mid-March to mid-April were at Array Marketing, a marketing firm, which had 53 cases, according to City of Toronto data compiled by The Globe. Among others with the highest case counts in the past month are Athletic Knit, a sports uniform maker (26 cases), an Amazon warehouse (25 cases) and 159SW Condominium, a construction project developed by the Alterra Group (21 cases). It’s not just the workers testing positive; increasingly, each case holds the risk of spreading to family members as well.

Alterra Group said nearly all of the cases were among contractors. It had paused work at the site, and is now resuming with limited access. “We need vaccines,” David Wineberg, vice president of construction, said in an e-mail. “The workers have been deemed essential.”

Looking for renting a parking space once moved in, anyone know what’s the reasonable price for parking rent per month or anyone would like to have their parking being rented?

Terrible builder, look at what they provided to us in this condo, this is the carpet and hallway they developed.
1633990355453.png

Back