Opus at Concord Park Place (Concord Adex) - Real Estate -

Hopefully someone can share their thoughts or expertise on occupancy date? The last update I received from the builder was a tentative occupancy date of June of 2018. Does still still look likely based on the construction progress being made at the site?

I live by the site and I would say there is 2-3 more years construction left. They are pouring concrete for ground level so far.

I"m a unit owner at Opus and i received a letter last week indicating the tentative occupancy date has been pushed from June 2018 to January 2019

I received a letter in the mail last week saying it will be delayed by 7 months.

From the letter:
We would like to advise you that pursuant to the Schedule "G" (the Warranty Program Addendum) of the Agreement of Purchase and Sale, the Tentative Occupancy Date is hereby extended from June 28, 2018 to January 28, 2019. We will advise you well in advance of January 28, 2019 of your Confirmed Occupancy Date so that you can organize your plans accordingly.

Sorry for the delay. Here are some pics:

46686169024_788eda0918_h.jpg

47356656762_686721b5ce_h.jpg

Typical condo spec Whirlpool stacked combo.
40443983603_6e8b291a6b_b.jpg

Surprised they used Toto and didn't cheap out...
47409453491_ae9c64a483_b.jpg

Also surprised they didn't cheap out on the integrated fridge/freezer and stuck with Liebherr as sampled in the model suite. Very costly to replace... (Pretty sure it is this combo: https://www.taappliance.com/en/catalog/product/179059-Liebherr-HCB1560)
47356660382_189e9903c8_b.jpg

Parking garage was done about a month ago...
47409455971_a29e7ae2ca_b.jpg

Overall, I'm impressed with the fit an finish of the unit during PDI. Only minor paint touch-ups (approximately 10), baseboard nicks, and cabinet alignment issues (3 in total) were recorded. There were things like a missing tub stopper, door stopper and sink drain which could be remedied quickly. Nothing major or even remotely concerning like my previous PDIs.

A few issues to note:

• No room ceiling lights... There are switched outlets which was a bummer. The rooms are already small and floor standing lamps will take up more space.
  • Rain shower head ends at a 90 degree angle. Will make installing a shower head impossible without changing the outlet pipe or attaching a shower head holder onto the marble wall.
  • Paint colour is a bleach white tone which is blinding and easily dirtied. I will be painting this unit as soon as I take possession.

Looks good. As for the switch lighting in the bedrooms, I hate that a lot of builders can’t offer an overhead light in the bedroom as standard. It is ridiculous.

Back