Toronto Park Towns Bayview and Sheppard | 13.41m | 4s | Broccolini | CMV

cruzin4u

Member Bio
Reaction score
I find that there is not enough density for this site to be feasible for the applicant "Mountain Equipment Co-Op" since they recently paid 13.575 mil for it...

Wasn't the whole point of this silly subway to increase densities along Sheppard? I don't see how a stacked big-box (which, granted, is not as bad as it could be) and some townhomes can be justified when they will lie almost directly across the street from a station?

The City likes to harp on about protecting neighbourhoods and in many areas of town they're quite right (take that, balenciaga). Here however, isn't the general intent to change the neighbourhood? In which case, why should anyone care about 'fitting in?'

Rendering released

ParkTownsB&S.jpg

http://urbantoronto.ca/database/projects/park-towns-bayview-and-sheppard

Attachments

• ParkTownsB&S.jpg
    ParkTownsB&S.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 2,890
Seems strange that there won't be a building here with the townhouses - especially since Bessarion station could use the density. No commercial either?

Seems strange that there won't be a building here with the townhouses - especially since Bessarion station could use the density. No commercial either?

Could be due to the fact that there is residential to the North of the site, which would cause issues if a building were proposed. I do believe it was mentioned that Mountain Equipment Co-Op would be the commercial building fronting Sheppard.

Could be due to the fact that there is residential to the North of the site, which would cause issues if a building were proposed. I do believe it was mentioned that Mountain Equipment Co-Op would be the commercial building fronting Sheppard.

Bessarion station could use all the help it can get.

By the site today and a real miss opportunity for this site and area regardless what going on at Concord Place.

It should be higher than than the plan height since the area can support even if it is less than 10 story. Will help the street edge look.

By the site today and a real miss opportunity for this site and area regardless what going on at Concord Place.

It should be higher than than the plan height since the area can support even if it is less than 10 story. Will help the street edge look.

I agree. Seems to be a missed opportunity here. Seems to me like the developer wanted a quick & easy + cheap project.

Back