Toronto Avenue 151 | 41.45m | 10s | Dash Developments | Teeple Architects

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
This site just south of Davenport was recently sold for $6m by DTZ Barnicke. Used to be a gas station. I was thinking 5-8 residential storeys with retail at grade.

sold.jpg

Capture143.JPG

$6M seems a bit cheap for a lot in that neck of the woods....Maybe the land is contaminated from when it was a gas station??????

$6M seems a bit cheap for a lot in that neck of the woods....Maybe the land is contaminated from when it was a gas station??????

I believe any land which had a gas station needs to be remediated, esp if converting to residential. That's probably a reason for the lower price.

Toronto Development Applications
143 AVENUE RD
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York District

Proposed 12 storey mixed use building with 94 residential dwelling units, consisting of 39 one bedroom units, 50 two bedroom units and 5 three bedroom units together with approximately 881 square metres of non residential gross floor area of retail/commercial space. The proposed total gross floor area is approximately 8424 square metres.

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 13 223368 STE 27 OZ Aug 20, 2013 Under Review

Community Meeting: Re-Zoning Application for 143 Avenue Road

When: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 – 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Where: Church of the Redeemer, 162 Bloor Street West

The City has received a rezoning application to construct a new 12-story mixed use building. The total number of residential dwelling units is 94 with three levels of underground parking consisting of 67 vehicular parking spaces.

Last edited:
The design is interesting but again, the retail is terrible. Developers seem to give very little thought to retail spaces. I guess they expect the tenant to animate the space but that frequently doesn't happen. Places like nail salons just throw up a very cheap sign, and away they go. We need to demand much better design and more interesting materials.

Back