Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Aslong as it hides Uptown!!

This is exciting.. though I hope the Stollery's building is saved/incorporated into the design!

it had to happen sooner or later! so is it a rumour or a fact?

I agree that the face of Stollery's must be save and incorporated into the new building.

Isn't there a thread already for this site?

Maybe this is the 100 storey site that has been rumor about.

Anything less than 80 will be disappointment and a miss opportunity.

Anything over 60 storey will hide Uptown and Blue from sight.

Last edited:
You're need more than the footprint occupied by the Stollery building for something substantial - it's a fairly small site. No doubt there must be some land assembly going on, but who knows to what extent? From the looks of it, saving the facade can seriously compromise the architectural quality of the project depending on the extent of that land assembly.

In any case, I do wish to see an office building there instead of a condo.

AoD

Last edited:
Can't developers leave one corner alone? More quality buildings on Yonge Street will bite the dust if something significant goes up here plus getting in and out of the parking garage at this corner will be a nightmare, presuming it's a condo.

^ the world would indeed stay in orbit, as far as I am concerned, if this corner were left as-is.

The adjacent Uptown and Crystal Blu have already appeared, lending a piecemeal effect that will stay no matter what goes up here. I sort of hope that parts of the existing building are kept, no matter what happens.

AoD, right, good locale for an office building, nothing of a huge scale is needed here -- perhaps prestige, though?

^ the world would indeed stay in orbit, as far as I am concerned, if this corner were left as-is.

The adjacent Uptown and Crystal Blu have already appeared, lending a piecemeal effect that will stay no matter what goes up here. I sort of hope that parts of the existing building are kept, no matter what happens.

AoD, right, good locale for an office building, nothing of a huge scale is needed here -- perhaps prestige, though?

all this speculation based on....what, exactly? some real estate agent's random Twitter post? come on people....seriously. there's nothing doing here.

all this speculation based on....what, exactly? some real estate agent's random Twitter post? come on people....seriously. there's nothing doing here.
I was raising the issue on the One Bloor East thread some tyime ago...
It so obvious , that this site with some very substantial land assembly along Yonge St.( to mirror One Bloor East) is beggind to be transformed into something very tall and exciting ( old facades can be incorporated into it too)!

Would be nice to see another office building tower enter the scene, perhaps incorporating the existing design elements of Stollery's outer facade. Also it would make a nice addition to the underground network in the area.

Back