Toronto Dundas Square Gardens | 156.05m | 50s | Gupta | IBI Group

Bayer

Member Bio
Reaction score
I didn't see this posted before.

Application Number 11 295873 STE 27 OZ

Rezoning application to permit the redevelopment of the lands for a new mixed use building comprised of two towers 48 and 35 stories repsectively atop a podium ranging in height from 2 to 10 stories complete with grade related retail and office, 693 residential units above and 352 parking spaces in a below grade parking structure.

Really? I wouldn't have expected the Hilton to get redeveloped any time soon, especially with so many vacant lots available nearby

I didn't see this posted before.

Application Number 11 295873 STE 27 OZ

Rezoning application to permit the redevelopment of the lands for a new mixed use building comprised of two towers 48 and 35 stories repsectively atop a podium ranging in height from 2 to 10 stories complete with grade related retail and office, 693 residential units above and 352 parking spaces in a below grade parking structure.

Wow, thats the site of Caseys Bar and Grill..that crappy building on the north/east corner of Dundas and Jarvis

Are we sure this is the site of the Hilton Garden Inn? I would think this development is more for the South/East corner, which consists of the eye-sore Ho-Lee-Chow, Money Solutions and the like.

Last edited:
Oh please god let it be the Hilton. In an ideal world, this is exactly the kind of building that should be getting demolished to make room for new condos (and not the old 2-4 storey Victorians that always seem to be at risk). I have a very deep hatred of this particular building. It belongs on the side of the highway somewhere near Brantford or something.

Oh please god let it be the Hilton. In an ideal world, this is exactly the kind of building that should be getting demolished to make room for new condos (and not the old 2-4 storey Victorians that always seem to be at risk). I have a very deep hatred of this particular building. It belongs on the side of the highway somewhere near Brantford or something.

222 Javis is outrageously hideous as well.
anyway, any building around that particularly section can be demolished to make room for something decent.

^Sigh. Sentiments like this will lead to the loss of our stock of mid-century buildings, and we'll be kicking ourselves in 30 years for repeating the same destruction that wiped out much of our Victorian city.

222 Javis is outrageously hideous as well.

I'm no good with sarcasm or jokes in written form, so let's be clear, your kidding right?

Just for the record, I think 222 Jarvis should stay.

200 Dundas, on the other hand, should be torn down like it was a statue of Saddam Hussein in Baghdad, circa 2003. I'll be the first one smacking my shoe against its stucco remains. Some architecture is so bad that its badness transcends all space and time. Even if a meteor hit Toronto and this building was the only thing left standing, I'd still want it demolished. Better to forget that 20th century Toronto ever existed than to leave this building as our sad legacy to future generations.

Did I mention that I hate 200 Dundas?

I'm certain that this application is for the Hilton Garden Inn lands. Can't say why I'm certain, so it's not much help unless you have some reason to trust me.

Back