Toronto Yonge Sheppard Centre Renovations and Expansion | 123.13m | 35s | RioCan | BDP Quadrangle

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://homesandcondosblog.com/home/for-sale-the-sheppard-centre-4114.html

FOR SALE: THE SHEPPARD CENTRE

The Sheppard Centre, a mixed use development at the corner of Sheppard and Yonge Streets, is now for sale, according to TD Securities.

What makes this an intriguing opportunity for developers is the fact that there is potential in adding much more density to the site.
Based on documents provided by TD securities, in the long term the site could see up too three new towers.
Bids are currently being submitted to TD Securities on September 27th.

I hope they try top the taller Hullmark tower with whatever goes in here. :D

This centre definitely needs to be updated.

3 new towers?

Where would they go???
sheppard2.jpg

The way i see it for 3 towers...one over the retail on Yonge, the other one replacing the shorter office complex, and the 3rd tower over the greenspace that i assume is privately owned by them.

They just spent a few millions on updating the retail section.

Never like this development for some reason.

Why would they redevelop this over the plantiful two story low-rises that are directly adjecent or across the street from this site? Not to mention the parking lot that's on the Southwest corner and the row of gas stations further south on Yonge?

Convinence is one thing but financial feasiability is also critical.

I can't see them demolishing the taller building at 2 Sheppard E - it has 'decent' size and probably sits over the subway station which would add complexity. However, I can see 2 new towers going up just north of this building. This would be a shame because 2 Sheppard E is terrible at how it meets the street with all those stairs going up and down.

I hope I'm wrong and a new and more street friendly tower goes into this important and improving interestion. This news along with the rumours/renderings of an OMERS office building on the SW corner has me very hopeful for my NYCC neighbourhood (where I both live and work).

Why would they redevelop this over the plantiful two story low-rises that are directly adjecent or across the street from this site? Not to mention the parking lot that's on the Southwest corner and the row of gas stations further south on Yonge?

Because they own it, and they don't own those other properties.

^^

only if the building is no longer finanically feasible as a rental office.

Back