Toronto 4800 Yonge Street | 168.24m | 49s | Menkes | Arquitectonica

Pretty nice, but I wish we got a mirrored version of the Nestle Building instead of another box.

maybe not a mirror image of Nestle b/c the architect will get flamed for copying design, but at least give us something more interesting like emerald park

finally we get more office space (not condos) in NYCC !! so very appropriate at the interesection of 2 subway lines

Agreed!! I just commented in other topic (NW corner of Y&S) -- wouldn't it be nice if that remaining parking lot was developed -- and here we are, all four corners are taken care of!

There are some constraction activities at the moment; the site is leased for retail (16yr lease). There is a new thread for the NW corner, check it.

Last edited:
Wow. Great looking tower, perfect for North York and it looks like it has some good height to it as well at 25 floors.

The GTA office market is booming. This with BA2, RAC3, Hullmark Center, 156 front, Mars, Sick kids research Building, Queen Richmond Center(phase 1,2), Y & E expansion, Waterpark Place 3, Bremner Tower, ICE 3, and even 45 Bay is rumored to start looking for tenants soon. Nobody can complain about lack of office development in this city, and I've probably missed countless smaller projects on top of that.

Go Toronto! :cool:

Any more info regarding these ?

Who exactly proposed this I can't really find any information regarding it.

The renders.
4800YongeRender1.jpg

4800YongeRender2.jpg

It's all about building up the regional office nodes, especially with so many prominent sites downtown being used for condo development.

Wow. Great looking tower, perfect for North York and it looks like it has some good height to it as well at 25 floors.

The GTA office market is booming. This with BA2, RAC3, Hullmark Center, 156 front, Mars, Sick kids research Building, Queen Richmond Center(phase 1,2), Y & E expansion, Waterpark Place 3, Bremner Tower, ICE 3, and even 45 Bay is rumored to start looking for tenants soon. Nobody can complain about lack of office development in this city, and I've probably missed countless smaller projects on top of that.

Go Toronto! :cool:

In terms of major office projects, I would add 171 Front Street and 880 Bay Street to your list (for the City of Toronto). Now the real question is how many of these materialize over how many years (and will they retain their existing proposed heights and sq. ft. or will they be reduced, like the RAC3 already has in its latest version)?

Back