News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

1560 Avenue Road (Drew Laszlo Architect, 3s) PLANNING

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Another recent submission to the City, this one is only for one property at the southwest corner of Avenue Road and Douglas Avenue. Architect Drew Laszlo is proposing a 3-storey building which will read as 4 storeys, the top floor being a double-height office studio space. The second floor is for office as well, with retail on the ground floor. It's definitely more modest than the other mid-rise redevelopments popping up along this stretch of road.

Documents here.

Feb 20, 2020

20200220_110822.jpg
20200220_110903.jpg
20200220_112407.jpg

I'm quite confused.. why build a 4th floor then label it "attic space" without any staircases? It's not even like it's double height space for the floor below it.. just "attic".

I get the feeling there's something afoot here they don't want to tell the city with that 4th floor. Either it would mean they exceed their GFA requirements or they didn't want to fit a second staircase up to it or something. I get the feeling there are going to be some non-permit approved works going on at a later date to occupy that space.

I'm quite confused.. why build a 4th floor then label it "attic space" without any staircases? It's not even like it's double height space for the floor below it.. just "attic".

I get the feeling there's something afoot here they don't want to tell the city with that 4th floor. Either it would mean they exceed their GFA requirements or they didn't want to fit a second staircase up to it or something. I get the feeling there are going to be some non-permit approved works going on at a later date to occupy that space.
That's sketchy, but at least I get to eat Me Va Me now ?

Back