Toronto 150 Eglinton East | 189.3m | 52s | Madison Group | BDP Quadrangle

UrbanAffair

Member Bio
Reaction score
So just noticed that 150 Eglinton Ave East has been sold in Dec to Madison Homes. Its a 10 storey COMM build right now, so interesting to see what they do with the site if anything.

Didn't see a thread for this, but feel free to delete if there is one.

150 EGLINTON AVE E
Ward 22 - Tor & E.York District

Proposal for site plan approval for a 39 storey mixed use building containing retail uses on level 1 and 2 , a commercial fitness facility on level 3, 2 floors of office space on levels 4 and 5 and 34 storeys of residential totaling 411 residential units, with three levels of underground parking
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 15 139305 STE 22 OZ Apr 10, 2015 Under Review

Capture.JPG

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.7074...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sOx7WcsUw79GzSRF96tIqUg!2e0

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 3,481
Oh wow. Development encroaching further and further east.

So is the Goodlife Fitness at Dunfield going to be moving over here? The present location the last time I was inside was crowded and that is before all the new residents moving into the area.

The node is slowly losing all office space, 2 stories wouldn't replace what is lost, and you have the menkes proposal further east

The node is slowly losing all office space, 2 stories wouldn't replace what is lost, and you have the menkes proposal further east

I have had conversations with the planner managing the area, and he has stated that he shares your concerns.

I think at least 1/1 replacement office space will become a large issue for any development in the area as it intensifies.

Proposal for mixed use building at 150 Eglinton Ave. E., replacing the mid-rise office building there.

IMG_0823.JPG

This is, coincidentally, the office building where I work, so it looks like we'll be moving. Out of interest, how long would the process typically be from application to construction?

And geez, but is Eglinton really hopping!

Attachments

• IMG_0823.JPG
    IMG_0823.JPG
    541.7 KB · Views: 2,461
Last edited by a moderator:
They're replacing a 100k with 50k office building, better then the last few projects, and the 50k worth of space will probably be better configured / higher quality ... but still, I'd mucher prefer 1 for 1 at the very least.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 11.30.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 11.30.14 AM.png
    781 KB · Views: 2,634

Back