Toronto 1255 Bay | 143m | 39s | KingSett Capital | BDP Quadrangle

I wouldn't mind seeing a hotel here. There actually aren't that many hotels in the Yonge/Bloor/Yorkville area considering it's a tourist destination, etc.

It would have to be geared to a different market of tourist with the upscale FS right across the street, but I could easily see a hotel happening here

One of the stores in 1255 Bay has a lease expiry - going out of business sale going on. According to a staffer, the new owner is offering a two year lease at a new, very high rate, after which the building is to be demolished. The new owner is currently doing a building 'at the corner of Yonge and Gerrard' - which I think would make it Canderel....

I have a feeling it has more to do with their existing proposal beside this lot. I know the city was taking issues about how tight the existing site was for 2 towers, so I image that they bought this to allow for 2 towers with a bit more room.

From my understanding, the Cuumberland Garage proposal, 2 bloor west, and 50 bloor west are alll being redesigned to work better together. Instead of 3 different developments being awkward, they are working together to create a sort of master plan for the area that will be developed in 3 seperate plots. I read somewhere that they want to introduce a view corridor to the historic firehouse from bloor..

I have a feeling it has more to do with their existing proposal beside this lot. I know the city was taking issues about how tight the existing site was for 2 towers, so I image that they bought this to allow for 2 towers with a bit more room.

From my understanding, the Cuumberland Garage proposal, 2 bloor west, and 50 bloor west are alll being redesigned to work better together. Instead of 3 different developments being awkward, they are working together to create a sort of master plan for the area that will be developed in 3 seperate plots. I read somewhere that they want to introduce a view corridor to the historic firehouse from bloor..

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/19901-Yorkville-Cumberland-projects

Thank you!

1255 Bay St. @ Yorkville (enclose ground floor setback)

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5R 2A9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 272625 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Dec 2, 2013

Project: Non-Residential Building Addition

Description: Proposal to enclose existing retail facade on ground and 2nd floor levels (Bay St Side & Yorkville Side) for addition of retail/office space.

Capture1255.JPG

Back