Pinnacle Centre Condos (Pinnacle International) - Real Estate -

sam104535

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi folks

I own a condo at 18 harbour st. Can I setup a satellite dish as long as I don't drill into the structure? I am thinking bolting the dish base to a patio stone and leave it free standing on the balcony

Thanks for any input.

Hi folks

I own a condo at 18 harbour st. Can I setup a satellite dish as long as I don't drill into the structure? I am thinking bolting the dish base to a patio stone and leave it free standing on the balcony

Thanks for any input.

You need to look at the RULES of your Condo Corporation, many corporations prohibit satellite dishes completely and most do not allow owners to attach anything to the common elements, such as balconies.

Hi folks

Thanks for any input.

Hey Sam, why stop there? Just kill two birds with one stone and set-up the clothes line at the same time

Careful Ric. Respond to a direct question with a direct answer...extra commentary not solicited or needed.

Thank you DSC

Careful Ric. Respond to a direct question with a direct answer...extra commentary not solicited or needed.

Thank you DSC

ask yourself what it would look like if everyone had satellite dishes hanging from their balconies...so ghetto dude

There was a reason why I mentioned the building. The balcony is quite deep and has 4 feet front glass. The dish would be sitting on the floor and nothing would be hanging. One cannot even see the the floor of the balcony....not to mention it's on the 40th floor.

Hey Sam, how will you run your cable from the satellite to your TV? You're condo docs prohibit any tampering with the building envelope. Which leaves you running your cable to your TV through your balcony door.

I am sure during the cold winter months and at 40th floor, you wouldn't want to leave your balcony door opened a crack. ;)

IMHO - it's not even worth the hassle to have satellite, you still have 400 channels of nothing to watch :cool:

Note too that I believe Bell now offers TV service that comes over your phone line, so you shouldn't need a dish at all.

That's Bell TV for condos but I don't believe it offers HD channels. Enter your postal code & street number to find out if it's available where you live - http://bundle.bell.ca/en/on/mdu?INT=MDU_tvfooter_TXT_bundle_Mass_092209_BRS_en_on

I've got a dish on my balcony from the DirecTV/FTA days but I've got it discretely positioned so that it cannot be seen from the street or any distance (I'm on a high floor too).

Bell is also testing a fibre optic delivery system called IPTV but it's only available in select areas in Toronto and it's sort of in beta testing right now, but the price is right. HD programming is available through IPTV. I read about it on the Bell site about a month ago but now I can't find any reference to it, even through the search feature. Here's a thread on Bell's IPTV which is coming soon as a full service. It sounds like a better alternative to a dish, and reports are the HD quality is better than the dish if that's important to you - http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=46356

Back