Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

Agree with the sentiments that more thought has to be placed on the use of the street level and bases of new developments in this area.

borgo100: Yes, I believe there is a project which is called 18 York St. or something to that extent- its designed by KPMB, but other than a billboard, and I guess a thread somewhere on this forum, there has not been much movement, either building or topic-wise.

About the looking into condos or into offices- I don't know how else you can do it? This will be inevitable at some point or another, so better get used to this sort of development now.

p5

Attempt at 16 York Street on Sketchup...

Link to model at 3D Warehouse

16york1.jpg

York Street canyon view

16york2.jpg

Skyline view

16york4.jpg

16york5.jpg

16york6.jpg

Bremner Blvd canyon view

16york7.jpg

16york8.jpg

16york9.jpg

Aerial

16york10.jpg

16york11.jpg

Residential doesn't belong here. These are financial district lands related to Union Station improvements. Some residential may be acceptable, but the city should not allow less than 50% of the zoned commerical density to be realized.

Thanks for that, Wyliepoon!

I find it somewhat sad that the Royal York will be buried in all this. The view from the Gardiner will never be the same.

Those are some smart, sexy looking condos. Is 18 York is still on hold after the city turning it down based on not being dense enough?

wow, talk about some big news that can fill 3 pages of discussion in a single day! Wyliepoon, dude that was some quick work on your part and really cool to be able to visualize this development! Nevermind about the Royal York losing its view... after this, only the highest floors of the bank towers will be able to see the lake. Look out Hong Kong!

Thanks Wylie- that looks pretty good.

So, are some people here, having trouble with the fact that there is too much residential in this project, or that there is already too much residential in the immediate area: ACC, Inifinity et al.?

p5

Thanks wylie!

Looking at the 3D model - the podium for the project looks really, really weak - in contrast to MLS. I think that's something to be rectified.

re: residential

I don't mind seeing some residential compoent in the project - but given the location, the majority of the floor space should be devoted to office use.

AoD

Thank you Wyliepoon.

So the building west of Union Tower has not been approved? And what is the high speed rail link between Union station and Pearson Airport?

P.S. Maldive from SSP has her work cut out for her. ;)

Mr. Wyliepoon's Rendering makes me think that 18 York street, and Union Tower could stand to be a smidge taller....

excellent rendering though! it looks fantastic!

I am not personally opposed to having residential buildings in the area, but i do have to wonder who would like to live in an area with... little view other than into office buildings/other peoples condos.... but I think that having a good mix of residential/office is smart... so that the financial district doesnt become ghost town past 5 in the evening...

Oh right beside Infinity and across from the ACC.

Yeah they will get approved,.

also the buildings are 216M and 172 m and 156M!!!

MY god

Back