DSC_3398-2.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 1,927
  • DSC_3407.jpg
    DSC_3407.jpg
    563.8 KB · Views: 1,914
  • DSC_3407-Pano.jpg
    DSC_3407-Pano.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 1,958

#3 is magnificent! Despite how spaced out the buildings actually are in the photo, the layering from that particular angle gives quite the impression. Union Centre and 156 Front will be stunning additions to this photo in 5 years. I think the most unique quality of Toronto's skyline in contrast to major North American ones (namely New York and Chicago) is dominance of glass towers. It's very got a contemporary and futuristic look, that- despite many saying all our glass condo's look the same, ends up being unique in its own right. This is our identity as a city, at least from the outside in.

steveve: I completely agree. I for one love all the glass, and agree it is what makes us stand apart. My frustrations are simply that we often use the SAME glass. I just hope as things progress we get more hues. I'm not even anti blue/ green glass, I'd just like to see them complimented with more variation.

These really are great buildings. How are things progressing at the ground level around the entrances? Close to completion yet? I was down there two weeks ago but didn't get a close enough look--things still looked messy from where I was.

The ground level kinda sucks right now. Hasn't been completed yet so its still a bit of a concrete mess especially this time of the year where everything looks dead already. Our lobby at Ice 2 isn't quite complete yet along with the elevator waiting area. The lot next to us where the office building will be built just got turned into a parking lot the other day. The courtyard area isn't really done either but it looks promising.

Back