Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

That's not the point. They entered a restricted area. There should at least be fines laid out, otherwise it sends the message that this sort of behaviour is ok. People could climb on the roof of my house and not be harming me or others, but it would still be trespassing. Additionally, they were sitting and stepping on the edge and running around. They easily could have fallen, and not only killed themselves, but pedestrians below. And didn't a rooftopper fall to his death a few months ago? These people are reckless and audacious fools. A product of the tween generation, where authority is disrespected and ignored.

Last edited:
You'd think they'd be smart enough not to video themselves doing it. If you got to rooftop, at be discreet about it and draw attention to the environs, not yourself. Sheesh.

AoD

That's not the point. They entered a restricted area. There should at least be fines laid out, otherwise it sends the message that this sort of behaviour is ok. People could climb on the roof of my house and not be harming me or others, but it would still be trespassing. Additionally, they were sitting and stepping on the edge and running around. They easily could have fallen, and not only killed themselves, but pedestrians below. And didn't a rooftopper fall to his death a few months ago? These people are reckless and audacious fools. A product of the tween generation, where authority is disrespected and ignored.

You're thinking of a photographer who snuck inside the Hearn Generating Station I think. Wikipedia says someone died there in 2008 but I thought I read an article about another photographer who died more recently as well.

You're thinking of a photographer who snuck inside the Hearn Generating Station I think. Wikipedia says someone died there in 2008 but I thought I read an article about another photographer who died more recently as well.

There was also someone who died from a fall at 1 Spadina while "ghost hunting".

AoD

2015-08-05 19.51.17.jpg

From Wednesday (Blue Jays vs. Twins)

2015-08-05 19.53.08.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-08-05 19.51.17.jpg
    2015-08-05 19.51.17.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 1,500
  • 2015-08-05 19.53.08.jpg
    2015-08-05 19.53.08.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 1,500
The Cityplace building directly beside the dome is visible, as is the CN tower and IIRC some of the financial district from the 500 levels.

I think Optima at Cityplace got into a legal spat with Rogers Centre because of the visibility issue (i.e. the games are visible from the tower).

AoD

Back