Toronto The Livmore | 138.68m | 43s | Vertica | IBI Group

I can just see realtors giving prospective buyers tours of the units: "As you can see, the east dining room wall is finished in oak panelling, whereas the north wall is in flocked wallpaper, the west wall has floor-to-ceiling carpet, and the south wall is on fire."

High-larious! Takes some serious cheek to propose that.

Just watch, the renderings will bowl us over.

(Meanwhile, the vista of Old City Hall's clock tower is screwed.)

I'm liking it. And I appreciate the serious cheek.
Isn't Old City Hall's clock tower vista already screwed?

I must be the only one who kind of likes this. This is a take on what 155 Cumberland did, which was to stack one building on top of another (or rather, that's what it looks like). I think this could work.

Knowing the planners will chop the top off anyway, maybe the architects are just having fun with them?

I must be the only one who kind of likes this. This is a take on what 155 Cumberland did, which was to stack one building on top of another (or rather, that's what it looks like). I think this could work.

I'm also optimistic that this one will look much nicer when we see a full rendering. There have been many examples of line drawings failing to accurately convey the cumulative expression of a design. We're only seeing the sum, not the whole.

At the very least, it's different. Let's hope that luck favours the bold.

Considering how often people here attack anything considered too conventional, you would think that they might like something a bit different, but no, that's not how it works. It's hard to tell from that elevation, since it does not tell you what the 3D massing looks like, nor the cladding and colour, but it certainly could be a landmark -- or not.

Wow, I like some of the ideas at work! This looks very "Rotterdam" to me.

I hope the darker section half-way up the tower is going to be clad in brick... hell, dark red brick!

I hope we hear more about this soon... and do we know who the developer or architect is?

I think a quirky, offside Dutch architecture is a perfect antidote to Toronto's surprisingly conservative neomodernist architecture. It's a logical step for this city, I think.

Potentially interesting but kind of iffy, a bit too much going on. I also see the modern Dutch influence.Will hold back judgement until detailed renderings are released.

This can't be all that's proposed for such a large lot, unless we're seeing the slim side of a much slabbier building.

Back