News   Apr 23, 2024
 278     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 853     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 478     0 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Hi Nels_TO,

I guess everyone who bought an unit and looking this thread should post the result and compare, but I havne't get any notification regarding PDI yet, when did you guys get it?

It is good to post detail informations here so others can benefit from what we've been through, since they're starting another one here http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.p...heppard-Ave-W-Elm-Dev-2x-8s-Northgrave)/page2 and the page for the new condo here http://www.portraitcondo.com/

I'll get all tools ready and consult some of my friends' experience regarding PDI as well, I'll need to measure the dimension of all appliance area to make sure if my upgraded one would fit, cause I don't trust their words now.

Wish you all went through PDI without issue :)

Hi Marco,

I received my letter just this past Friday.

And, thanks for sharing the link on their new project. I must say that it's 'night and day' comparing their web promotion for their new project against the total lack of web presence for the Wilshire project.

I found a circuit tester at home that I'd bought a few years ago ... the tiny light bulb still works, so I'm good to go for my PDI lol :)

Hey guys,

I just thought of something with regards to the "circuit tester"...I guess if we don't have one maybe we can take a night light or hairdryer...lol...to test it??..would it work the same i wonder. Thanks you guys for all the amazing information you are providing. I'm going to take my boyfriend who has some experience in inspection, as we both went to inspect his last condo. I'm still very fresh at this but at least he can pinpoint anything I miss.
Nels_TO, based on my observation last time, it seems as if the back is not looking as great as the front. It seems as if they are skimming on the exterior on the back and are concentrating more on the front (in terms of, for example, my observation of the window. In the units facing the front, the window goes from floor to ceiling, but the units at the back, the window only goes 3/4 way down??)...but you let me know if that's the impression you get. I look forward to viewing the pictures. I have been given a "closing" date of march. Hopefully they will not change it again.

Hey Mango - that's a very great, inexpensive solution to testing the receptacles - a cheap night light will do the trick too!

Regarding the height of the windows, perhaps it's because those units are larger and more expensive?

Yeah, all those at front are larger units, except one which is 2nd from the left corner

Hey Nels u said you saw 2flyers for the tv,but I only Saw Rogers, and it was in the trailer,and you said your pdi is Jan 31, what floor are you on,and any word on if there will be more than one parking space? And any other new news from anyone?

Hey Nels u said you saw 2flyers for the tv,but I only Saw Rogers, and it was in the trailer,and you said your pdi is Jan 31, what floor are you on,and any word on if there will be more than one parking space? And any other new news from anyone?

my pdi is on feb 3, i'm on the 3rd floor if that helps

Hi one eye wonder,
I believe it was Marco who said that he saw 2 flyers for TV. I was curious myself as to which provider will be offering discounts to us.

I'm on the 3rd floor. Regarding parking space, I think people who might want an additional spot will have to wait and see if anyone will be offering theirs for a rental fee. I don't know if Norstar is offering extra spots for sale, and if so, how much might it cost?

Hi one eye wonder,
I believe it was Marco who said that he saw 2 flyers for TV. I was curious myself as to which provider will be offering discounts to us.

I'm on the 3rd floor. Regarding parking space, I think people who might want an additional spot will have to wait and see if anyone will be offering theirs for a rental fee. I don't know if Norstar is offering extra spots for sale, and if so, how much might it cost?

Sorry about that Nels,I'm sure it's bell and Rogers,but I wonder if we are allowed a dish and also it would be good for us all to get bulk billing so it would be cheaper for us all,but I'm sure once we set up a condo board we can talk about that and other things,by the way who is gonna sign up to be on the board?,anyone know how one is started? But I'm curious to see who's gonna try and be on the board? That's on here.

Hey folks,
I bumped into one of my "potential" neighbours a few days ago...he advised me that there will be a couple of "model" suites for viewing in the near future. I wonder if they will be decorating those suites with all the bells and whistles or will they be showing one of our suites until we move in....does anyone know about this?...i'm actually quite excited about meeting all my new neighbours and moving in.....I have one question though...If we are to do a pre inspection in our unit and we have to arrange for delivery of our own appliances (which is obviously AFTER we take occupancy), how are we going to ensure that the outlets for those applainces actually work?...the geniuses at Norstar clearly didn't think of that one did they?..do I have to take my own washing machine into the unit to check it? (just joking with this question)...but seriously folks, I have a feeling that the PDI will be incomplete as there is no way of checking whether the appliance outlets would be in good working order or not.....so remember folks...when you do your PDI...make sure you advise them that there will have to be another one conducted as your appliances are NOT in and there is no way of ensuring that the outlets are fully functional or not.

hey mango
could you go into more detail onwhat your potential neighbours said "he advised me that there will be a couple of "model" suites for viewing in the near future"How did he hear about it? did micheal tell him?and as for the outlets at the PDI you would bring a curcit checker or a hairdryer or somthing small to see if the outlets work,i just went by the condo and the glass around the balcony is up on the first few floors it has a small tint of green,looks very nice(EVERYONE SHOULD GO AND TAKE A LOOK),but i have a question,due to construction the road is all cracked and messed up,does anyone know if its the builder or the city or us that will have to pay to get it paved? anyone know?

Last edited:
hey mango
could you go into more detail onwhat your potential neighbours said "he advised me that there will be a couple of "model" suites for viewing in the near future"How did he hear about it? did micheal tell him?and as for the outlets at the PDI you would bring a curcit checker or a hairdryer or somthing small to see if the outlets work,i just went by the condo and the glass around the balcony is up on the first few floors it has a small tint of green,looks very nice(EVERYONE SHOULD GO AND TAKE A LOOK),but i have a question,due to construction the road is all cracked and messed up,does anyone know if its the builder or the city or us that will have to pay to get it paved? anyone know?

Hi one eye wonder,
Perhaps I can help out on the electrical outlet issue. Both the stove and dryer use special power outlets, therefore a regular 2 or 3-prong plug won't fit into these receptacles. I've never used a circuit tester on these outlets, but I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Hi one eye wonder,
Perhaps I can help out on the electrical outlet issue. Both the stove and dryer use special power outlets, therefore a regular 2 or 3-prong plug won't fit into these receptacles. I've never used a circuit tester on these outlets, but I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Hey Nels

I never knew about that,I figure you can use the normal outlet one,but I'll ask around places like home depot and places like them

Thanks to ALLof you for all your answers and it's great to know that we can come together as a community and support each other in such a great way. Well I had a lot to say and had written a "novel" over 3 times, each time my message was erased...hmmmm...so I will say this, i'm just a little weary as there have been so many surprises and have learned through out my "pre construction condo" experienc to not ASSUME anything. We hope that all the appliance outlets are working, as (unlike most other condo's, where the appliances are already installed by the time PDI arriveds) there is no way of confirming whether the rest work. I must say that I am still looking forward to moving in, despite the ghastly institutional looking building...mind you, it looks amazing at night and from far..lol...so lets see what the future holds.

Hey mango what do you mean erased who did it? And why? If I give u me e-mail addy will ya tell me then

here is somthing nobody has talked about,who went with the td bank in house mortage,as the rates were a 1% discount? and to anyone who is on the 1st floor whats your pdi date and if you could when go take pics and tell us how it went and what to look for.and mango it is pretty old,but in case ppl have not seen it,and here is a joke,i heard that there making a website forour condo...lol

Hey guys if your hoping to have or change your PDI to the weekend, sorry no chance,I wanted to change it to a Saturday but they don't do PDI on the weekend,only Monday - thursday 9pm -4pm,so we have to take a day off work to do the pdi,lol,anyone wanna ring in on this one?

Back