Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Then again, the point about signing a NDA makes sense too. But you'd think even if that was the case all parties involved would 'no comment' rather than flatly refute the rumours.

Can someone remove the "Apple Store" in the thread title please?

It's gonna be a condo tower, right? Great Gulf?

It really doesn't matter what it is, as long as it is a nice tower over 50 storeys high.
One Bloor West is too important a corner even for an apple store, which will be 3 storeys tall at most? I hope for another Apple store in downtown, but just not on Yonge St.

A sleek Apple store at the site of the old Empress Hotel would be perfect, imo. If they can acquire the HMV building, then may be able to incorporate it into something larger.

300 meters away from another apple store in Eaton Centre? Apple would be stupid to do that.
I hope it goes to Queen W and Spadina.

A sleek Apple store at the site of the old Empress Hotel would be perfect, imo. If they can acquire the HMV building, then may be able to incorporate it into something larger.

too close to the other store south

It really doesn't matter what it is, as long as it is a nice tower over 50 storeys high.
One Bloor West is too important a corner even for an apple store, which will be 3 storeys tall at most?

It's a very small lot for a tower.

ummmm....i think an outright denial by the president and ceo constitutes confirmation. remove it now.

Can you say non-disclosure agreement. Had the ceo said no comment it would be like he completely admitted the story is true. You are not very familiar with Apples secrecy are you?
Anything then a flat out refusal by Stollery's would be like coming out and saying yes the deal is done.
None of us are in the discussions of this deal. Say Apple is moving in next winter, what would Stollery's do if all it's employees walk out the door after seeing they won't have a job in a few months.
The store still needs to function properly until any announcement is made.
And there's no way in hell Stollery would make the announcement without Apple's ok.

Thanos - you and I think the same way in this regard.

That said, no-one knows quite what the future holds for this site. It may be Stollery's long after we're all dead. Our great great grandchildren may be shopping at Stollery's (when they're in their 60s and beyond). This thread, like the front page story, has a question mark in the title. If and when our source changes his tune, or if there is other compelling evidence, we will change the thread title.

It is entirely possible there is a non disclosure agreement. A commercial property in North Toronto is currently for sale, yet none of the staff nor the management are aware of this. Upper management have also been told to deny the fact that the building is for sale if asked. Potential buyers also have to sign a non disclosure agreement in order to get information about the property.

The only people who will have any information would be the listing agent and any prospective buyers, as well as the person who put the property up for sale, and each party is not allowed to speak about it. I only became aware of it by accident, and yet management still denies the fact that it is for sale despite me having solid evidence that it is.

Back